Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Anonymous nothing like spoiling the punchline..... - 06/13/01 05:09 AM
DISCLAIMER:

if you're one of those folks who actually waits til christmas to open your presents, don't click on this link. seriously.

in an act of extreme boredom, i was reduced to doing a net search in an attempt to discover the answer to the age-old (well, not age old, but aging nicely), burning question.......

IS THERE LIFE BEYOND POOH-BAH???

The answer (well, according to my source, which i was unable to cross-reference, but it seems pretty reliable) is a resounding YES.

it happens when you reach 2500 posts, and just so i don't ruin it for anyone who seriously doesn't want to know, i won't even type it in white, i'll just give you the link.

http://www.pookiegotdabooty.com/newbies.htm

i've never been good at letting nature take its course, hi, x-m so i'm impressed in advance by those of you who won't peek.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: nothing like spoiling the punchline..... - 06/13/01 02:07 PM
as one of the raining-on-parade pooh-bahs, I must say that would be a real let-down for the next title. but I don't suppose that will stop the commentary....

[there, let's see anyone resist *that! 8-)]

Having also broken the em-bah-go, I'm with you tsuwm - singularly uncreative flights of fancy await. Perhaps Anu should be challenged to think up more suitable options!

Posted By: Faldage Re: nothing like spoiling the punchline..... - 06/13/01 02:51 PM
I understand what they're getting at with the antepenult, but what's this with the penult? Or the ult, for that matter?

Now that is just positively cruel to decent law-abidin' citizens

Yes, It is a bit disapointing. Logically, the next step up from Pooh-Bah is Mikado.

But who expects logic here

Posted By: wow Re: nothing like spoiling the punchline..... - 06/13/01 03:14 PM
IS THERE LIFE BEYOND POOH-BAH???

WEAK! We are all weak! Weak! WEAK!
All of us who took a peek!
We must write to The Great Anu and ask him to change the designations ... carpal tunnel might become one of those self-fulfilling things and I don't want Tsuwm, Jackie and Max to have that pain inflicted on them.
And --not to give even more away -- As for the rest? C'mon!
Yuck!

As we've already discussed, Anu has no role in determining the titles. That site is completely unaffiliated with AWAD except that it uses the same discussion board service. Since we've already discovered this it seems foolish to me that we continue to gawk at the new titles.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Can this be - 06/13/01 03:46 PM
the long awaited coop de grass?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: nothing like spoiling the punchline..... - 06/13/01 04:56 PM
>As we've already discussed

but. as also discussed previously, there seems to be variance in how the titles have been instantiated in this software, suggesting that either a) different versions were shipped with a different set of (hard-coded??) titles or 2) the installer has some leeway in setting the numbers and titles. oh if only someone here had the ear of the great and powerful wOrdZmith.

Posted By: satin Re: nothing like spoiling the punchline..... - 06/13/01 06:24 PM
All I know is once I get to Enthusiast I won't be entering one comment a day anymore. That way it will take forever until I have to get beyond pooh-bah - The very best and last place I want to be!

© Wordsmith.org