Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage Congrats, Jackie - 05/28/01 02:03 PM
On your retention of Pooh-Bah status.

Posted By: jimthedog Re: Congrats, Jackie - 05/28/01 02:05 PM
Finally. The suspense has been killing me.

jimthedog
Posted By: Faldage And apparently - 05/28/01 02:06 PM
will continue to do so.

Posted By: belligerentyouth Kudos J.L.! - 05/28/01 02:35 PM
That's a whopping number of posts, Jacqulyn!

So what's the verdict people, will the next threshold be 2500? Or not at all?

Posted By: Jackie Re: And apparently - 05/28/01 02:45 PM
Oh geez, you-all, please don't do this again.
I simply could not resist posting that poem, which moved me to tears.
My heartfelt gratitude to all Allied vets, and respect to all vets everywhere, whether they served willingly or reluctantly. I cannot imagine the fortitude it took to go to a place where you knew for sure that others were trying to kill you, let alone that it was your job to try and kill others. All of that coupled with inhuman living conditions...

wow, there was an article in yesterday's paper about a Kentucky soldier and author who served in WWI. He was a
newspaperman, too, and wrote a book about his wartime experiences: _Best O'Luck_, by Alexander McClintock.
It is exerpted a bit, and in it he says that humor is what kept soldiers "from going mad". He wrote about the trench rat that was so big, "he was caught trying on an overcoat".

Posted By: tsuwm Re: And apparently - 05/28/01 04:59 PM
>please don't do this again.

I'll second that. this constant attention to post count has led to some amusing threads in the past, but I think it has gotten Pretty Old -- to the point that our fair Jacqulyn sandbagged, thereby setting me up for the last category, in hopes of deflecting some attention. (didn't work all that well, did it J? : )

so, unless your intent is to shame us into slowing down... (which won't work with max anyway 8^D ) let's find a dead horse of another color to flog!

btw, I could hear the sigh of relief coming out of Kentucky from here in Minnesota when 2000 didn't generate some new humili... er... honorific.
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: And apparently - 05/28/01 05:18 PM
... she hasn't turned into the Wicked Witch of the Mid-West!

Posted By: Jackie Re: And apparently - 05/29/01 11:43 AM
... she hasn't turned into the Wicked Witch of the Mid-West!

Oh, just give me time...
Aptually, a couple of people have had that aspect of myself demonstrated to them. (Cocking ear: is that a sigh from Minnesota that I detect?)

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: And apparently - 05/29/01 12:01 PM
Jackie wonders: ...is that a sigh from Minnesota that I detect?

T'wasn't me...

Posted By: maverick Re: And apparently - 05/29/01 12:11 PM
thunder sighs T'wasn't me...

Must have been your evil twin, Minnie

...gotten Pretty Old.

Can you say "parody"?

Sure you can.

sure I can, but others seem to have no clue.

> sure I can, but others seem to have no clue.

My sides have split

Hey son, leave him be. Sittin' in the sun, growlin' at people - that's what Gramps do all over the world!

© Wordsmith.org