Wordsmith.org
Posted By: embee subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/23/13 12:36 AM
Dear list,

Is this a real request or a phishing?

Sorry to be so freaky, but I had just finished reading a security newlestter and then got this re-confirmation email.

Regards,
embee
Posted By: olly Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/23/13 04:03 AM
G'day,
The website link points to the correct place so I'd imagine that unless someone hacked the site all is as it says.

regards
I got it, too, and went ahead and clicked (very hesitantly I might add), but it seems legit. I would rather that Anu had just said to come to the AWAD website and find the appropriate link there, but.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/23/13 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu
I got it, too, and went ahead and clicked (very hesitantly I might add), but it seems legit. I would rather that Anu had just said to come to the AWAD website and find the appropriate link there, but.

Ditto, I got it too, and it returned me to the site.
Posted By: embee Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/25/13 08:03 AM
Thx folks. I guess I'll try to find the thing again and click on the link. Gee whiz, I don't know where I put it. frown
Posted By: JoR Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/27/13 10:08 AM
I may be paranoid, but I don't trust any e-mail that tells me to click on a link in order to do what they ask.
I immediately sent an e-mail asking Wordsmith to confirm if it was a legitimate request.... blush blush blush
Posted By: Faldage Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/27/13 02:16 PM
Good move, JoR.
Posted By: JoR Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/27/13 03:10 PM
Thanks Faldage smile
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/27/13 04:45 PM
Did you find out if we are legit??
My computer has suffered no ill effects from the link-clicking. But I'm on a mac, so your mileage may vary.

(and I know, bad stuff can happen to macs, too, it's just not as likely. Which is why I felt comfortable trying the link.)
Posted By: Wordsmith Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/27/13 11:32 PM
Yes, it's genuine. Reconfirmations are a hassle for everyone involved but we have to do it to remove inactive addresses. Thanks.
Posted By: Jackie Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/28/13 05:30 AM
Thank you, sir! smile
Posted By: JoR Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/29/13 11:46 AM
Originally Posted By: JoR
I may be paranoid, but I don't trust any e-mail that tells me to click on a link in order to do what they ask.
I immediately sent an e-mail asking Wordsmith to confirm if it was a legitimate request.... blush blush blush

---
I am very pleased to report back that I have received a reply to my e-mail:
"Yes, we are reconfirming addresses on our subscription list.
We are doing spring cleaning and removing inactive addresses from our list.
Thanks for being a subscriber of AWAD.
Regards,
Wordsmith.org"

smile smile smile
Posted By: JoR Re: subscription re-confirmation email? - 01/29/13 11:50 AM
Thank you so much
© Wordsmith.org