Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie In Memoriam - 01/09/11 02:13 AM
wow, a member here since 2000, died on October 2nd. I found out on Christmas Day. She was a lovely and funny older lady (her screen name stood for wise old woman, and she was wise indeed), and I miss her a lot. How I wish I had followed my instinct and called to check on her prior to that. (She did have a son in the same town--I didn't mean that I was responsible for checking on her. I just wish I had taken one more opportunity to let her know she was appreciated, because it's too late now.)
Posted By: Candy Re: In Memoriam - 01/09/11 02:16 AM
Do you not want to post her online avatar Jackie!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: In Memoriam - 01/09/11 02:34 AM
>wow, a member here since 2000

it was indeed 'wow' (wise old woman) - she last posted, here, in 2008 : posts by wow
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: In Memoriam - 01/09/11 04:07 AM
Originally Posted By: Jackie
wow, a member here since 2000, died on October 2nd. I found out on Christmas Day. She was a lovely and funny older lady (her screen name stood for wise old woman, and she was wise indeed), and I miss her a lot. How I wish I had followed my instinct and called to check on her prior to that. (She did have a son in the same town--I didn't mean that I was responsible for checking on her. I just wish I had taken one more opportunity to let her know she was appreciated, because it's too late now.)

But don't let guilt, if any, get to you. Remember her
as she was. Perhaps you can find old posts and repeat
them to remind others of her. Remembering as they were,
that is the secret.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: In Memoriam - 01/10/11 12:37 AM
rest in peace, wow. we miss you.
Posted By: olly Re: In Memoriam - 01/10/11 01:47 AM
Sorry to hear about it.
Posted By: Jackie Re: In Memoriam - 01/10/11 02:51 AM
Looks like she didn't have an avatar, Candy.

Here's what she put on her profile page:
About Me
Birthday: February 10
Hobbies: High Priestess to the AWAD/board. I read, swim, travel when can afford and buy books

Books! She did do that. This reminded me that I found an out-of-print book that had been written by her uncle; she was so pleased. At least I did that.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: In Memoriam - 01/10/11 04:29 AM
Sounds like a neat lady, what little this tells, it still
tells a lot.
Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: In Memoriam - 01/10/11 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear this news.

Just browsing through some of her old posts and came across this amusing story: http://wordsmith.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=531&Number=9351#Post9351
Posted By: BranShea Re: In Memoriam - 01/10/11 10:29 PM
Yes, I remember her from when I first came here. Sorry to hear,
she was sharp and fun.
Posted By: Sparteye Re: In Memoriam - 01/14/11 06:35 PM
I am sorry to hear that she's gone.
Posted By: Jackie Re: In Memoriam - 01/15/11 02:42 AM
'Member she gave us those sticks she'd made? I've forgotten what they were called but I still have mine. Lovely memory.
© Wordsmith.org