Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Avy An open letter to the board software - 11/06/10 01:32 AM
Dear Awad board software:
You are acting very strange. Yesterday I found that some border bits were hyperlinked to various parts of the home page. Today I find a hyperlinked arrow that *asks me for my mood*. My mood is NOT VERY GOOD thank you for forcing me to tell you and the whole world. Please go back to the software you were. You do not have to do this. You don't have to be like twitter or FB. You are you. We have used your services for the past 10 years before the twits and twats were even a glint in their maker's eyes. You don't have to get all social networky on us. We like you as you are. So unhyperlink your borders and remove moody arrows and go back to being what you were ... boring. There is a good software.
Yours etc.
hmm, haven't seen any of that.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/06/10 02:55 PM
I'm not too computer literate, so I don't even know
to what it refers.
Posted By: BranShea Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/06/10 03:02 PM
Haven't seen any of this. Could it be your computer?
Posted By: twosleepy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/06/10 03:16 PM
He said "twats".... ;0)
Posted By: Avy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/06/10 03:47 PM
It could't be just my phone. Hyperlinking is code controlled - I think - I am not a computer whiz.
The arrow (pointing downwards) is next to "Log out" it takes you to an "update my mood" page. Next to General topics is a bit of vertical border that is also hyperlinked. Anyway it's no big deal - it does not matter.
Posted By: Candy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/06/10 11:46 PM
I see it...but it is such a little arrow, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it Avy
Posted By: Avy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 01:52 AM
I am really glad you see it as well, Candy. I was beginning to get worried. Yes it is little. The vertical border even littler. I'm afraid I do lot of this: stuffing my head down little rabbit holes - ostrich like.
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 03:27 AM
I see it,
and changed my mood.
Posted By: Candy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 05:32 AM
I didn't dare after reading Avy's post
Posted By: Faldage Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 01:29 PM
Test 1 2
Posted By: Faldage Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 01:31 PM
Check 1, check 1, check 1
Posted By: Faldage Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 01:35 PM
It changes that little smiley that comes up next to your name. Of course it is totally useless as a record of how you felt when you made any particular post in the past since it changes all your little smilies for any post you have made in the past. My advice is just ignore it. The one I have chosen doesn't seem to say much at all so I guess I'll keep it. Unless someone can tell me it means something that is totally inappropriate. In which case I still probably won't change it, but, hey!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 02:32 PM
it says you're sleepy (and online, at the moment) if you hover over it. I, on the other hand, am confused. terminally, but that's only in my own mind.
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 03:05 PM
I really have no idea what all of you are talking about. Mood hyperlinks? FTL drives? Border bits? Bucky bits? Naughty bits? Sentient (i.e., AI) software?
Posted By: LukeJavan8 Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 03:35 PM

Actually they need more to choose from. Even the
"smileys" don't have a thorough range of choices.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: zmjezhd
I really have no idea what all of you are talking about. Mood hyperlinks? FTL drives? Border bits? Bucky bits? Naughty bits? Sentient (i.e., AI) software?

up above, where it says "welcome zmjezhd", there is a space next to [Log in/out] - if you hover there it says "Popup to change mood". need I go on?
-ron o.
Posted By: Faldage Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 04:27 PM
This is actually a preliminary version of the mood adjuster that was featured in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
oh, that. I changed my mood to happy a while back. overall, it fits best!

as for the links back to the main AWAD page, those have always been there.

fun little thread, though.
Posted By: BranShea Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Avy
Yes it is little. The vertical border even littler. I'm afraid I do lot of this: stuffing my head down little rabbit holes - ostrich like.
Jee, that's really a very little arrow. If ever I loose my needle in a haystack can I call you for help?
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/07/10 11:36 PM
need I go on?

I see it now, but go on as long as you need to ...

Un-Ron ("Flutterbuy") Un-O.
Posted By: Jackie Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/08/10 02:45 AM
Um--I thought the little smiley that comes up next to your name was gray for when the person is not on here, and yellow for when he or she is active. But then, I reckon that would give away the ones who like to lurk...
Posted By: Avy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/08/10 04:49 AM
@ f saab, tsu, jheem saab, bran, buffy and jackie - yeah okay. ":) updated"
Posted By: tsuwm Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/08/10 06:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Jackie
Um--I thought the little smiley that comes up next to your name was gray for when the person is not on here, and yellow for when he or she is active. But then, I reckon that would give away the ones who like to lurk...

not that one!! the one up on the top (but not the topest), next to the Welcome Jackie (in your case) message! (selecting the mood, as we've been discussing, is then reflected in the smiley to which you refer, underlying the greyness, or lack thereof.)
-d'ohboy
Posted By: Jackie Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/12/10 02:15 AM
That was the one I meant. And I even understood topest.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/12/10 03:21 AM
oh. but the one that turns grey is next to your Poster name - with the mood reflected when you're online, turning to grey (unmooded) when you're off.
Posted By: Avy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/12/10 04:20 AM
I'm stealing "d'ohboy".
-
d'ohboy!
Posted By: Jackie Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/14/10 01:58 AM
[Weeeee-Ooooooooooo Weeeeeeee-Oooooooo] ...tsuwm, do you wish to prefer charges?
Posted By: tsuwm Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/14/10 04:32 AM
I'm just desperate to get a post; I've fallen way down the list. (I hate that I can't get rid of the list anymore, in any style - can I prefer charges against Anu for the latest software update?)
Posted By: Candy Re: An open letter to the board software - 11/14/10 05:40 AM
I don't mind being second....in LukeJavan8's slipstream
© Wordsmith.org