Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Zed non-e-literate - 04/05/07 01:02 AM
Does anyone know how to devide my list of PMs into sent and recieved? Is it even possible?
I'm no good with all this new-fangled tec-know stuff.
Posted By: Jackie Re: non-e-literate - 04/05/07 01:53 AM
You've got me. I find this system quite confusing (not that that's hard to accomplish...)

There is an option labelled something like Take Yourself Out of This List, but I've been afraid to try it.

I think what bugs me the most so far* is that there seems to be no way to change the subject title when you reply; and now that they're all in one list, a title that was specific to one thing looks ridiculous days later.
*I have finally begun to learn to go to the bottom of the list to find the most recent reply.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: non-e-literate - 04/05/07 01:58 AM
PMs are now like post threads, with the ability to have more than two people involved in a private exchange; if you opt out of a three-way conversation, you can no longer view that thread (and I assume your posts are thereby removed, but who knows).*

I've not seen any way to return to the old way of handling PMs.

*Jackie, check our recent multiple exchange and see what happened to my post, if anything.
Posted By: Jackie Re: non-e-literate - 04/05/07 02:10 PM
with the ability to have more than two people involved in a private exchange WHAT!?!?! Egad! I did realize it was like a thread, but...I'll have to go and see if I can figure out how a third person could get in there. Man, that is weird!! Sheesh, the things I don't know could hurt me...
I'm still embarrassed about the time I (very belatedly) found out that my random Reply-to-whichever-post-was-at-the-bottom-no-matter-which-post-I-was-actually-responding-to was messing up the threadnodists.
Posted By: Curuinor Re: non-e-literate - 04/05/07 02:19 PM
What? You can't reply to whichever post is in the bottom?
© Wordsmith.org