Wordsmith.org
Posted By: maverick I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 06:02 PM
OK, I’ve found you out, Pooh-Bah – you are Anu Garg in disguise! The proof categorical is in one of Anu’s quotations popping up on the Rearrangement Servant. Just look at this orthography:

“getting up early does *not* get more work done”

No-one else uses those pesky things like that...!

Posted By: Faldage Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 06:12 PM
We'll have to catch Anu using a *single asterisk for *conclusive proof.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen . - 03/16/01 06:15 PM

Posted By: maverick Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 06:18 PM
Ah, don't be so *minded about it!

Posted By: wwh Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 06:50 PM
And if Anu and tsuwm were the same person, tsuwm would have been made Mikado.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 07:38 PM
Bien non Mav. They don't even look alike. Check out tsuwm picture on MaxQ's site - nothing like the picture of Anu in, what was it, National Geographic or something.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 07:42 PM
How do you know that really *is tsuwm's picture?

Posted By: Faldage Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 08:09 PM
Besides, we all *know that Anu used a stunt double in the Smithsonian article.

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 08:20 PM
Anu used a stunt double.

I thought that was a body double. I applied for a job as body double for Brad Pitt, but didn't get it. Don't know why.

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 08:37 PM
.>I thought that was a body double

I thought body doubles were only used for nude scenes when they make movies and they cannot pay the actor enough for him or her to bare all

chronist
Posted By: wwh Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 08:41 PM
"I thought that was a body double"

Or when the actor's frontal view has developed an unsightly bulge.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: I have the evidence! - 03/16/01 10:54 PM
on the *other other hand, I didn't see *this* coming.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: I have the evidence! - 03/17/01 09:56 AM
I keep saying this, but *Anu doesn't exist. Father Steve has entirely converted me to his opinion of *Anu's existence or non-existence, although I'm not sure exactly what that is.

Investigating this, I finally have it on *good authority that *Anu Garg is actually Una Grag, the little old lady who is reputed to spend all her days devising cryptic crosswords for The Times. She actually also moonlights as an American academic and keeps an army of accountants and lawyers busy hashing over the trans-Atlantic tax implications with the IRS.

I'm convinced, although I have no evidence to back it up, that the legal wrangling is how Father Steve knows Anu Garg doesn't really exist.

I guess it is entirely possible that Anu Garg, Una Grag and tsuwm are all the same person.

Posted By: wow Re: I have the evidence! - 03/17/01 01:42 PM
Anu lives!
And is so evolved that he takes no exception to all our flights of fancy. It would never cross his mind so to do.
wow

Posted By: Jackie Re: I have the evidence! - 03/17/01 05:58 PM
...that Capital Kiwi and shanks are, if not the same person,
at least brothers.

C.K., your post here led me to run your name through the
anagram server, too. Remember that shanks came out as
varian hair snark? Well, you came out as: VARIAN DID KID.
===========================================================

Anu most certainly is a wonderful, and wonderfully real, person! [ecstatic emoticon]

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: I have the evidence! - 03/17/01 06:20 PM
Ah, faith! What a wonderful element of the human condition!

Posted By: wow Re: I have the evidence! - 03/17/01 06:59 PM
Re : Faith

And up to the women to keep it alive (as usual)
Harumph
wow

Posted By: Scribbler Re: I have the evidence! - 03/18/01 01:31 PM
Speaking of Father Steve, has anyone heard from him lately? Shall we notify the "Parish Concerns" committee to check on the poor man or simply take up a collection to send him an electronic get- well E-pistle? The Shepherd looks after the One as well as the Ninety and nine, but who, pray tell, checks on the Shepherd? On the other hand, perhaps he is merely, in his alter ego, attending a Bar convention, seated comfortably in a local Bar, enjoying a nice cup of communal & communion wine, and enjoying as well the rapt attentions and ministrations (Lawyer, counsel Thyself!!) of lawyers schmoozing (sp? I don't really know this word-) the Judge. Hello, Father Steve, wherever you are. Hope all is well w/ you. Scribbler

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: I have the evidence! - 03/18/01 01:36 PM
At this moment I would humbly suggest our beloved Father Steve is preparing for his *altar ego role.

Posted By: Sparteye Father Steve - 03/18/01 06:52 PM
AnnaStrophic is quite right. Our favorite combination minister-counselor has been distracted by nuptials and other nonAWAD matters - can't think where the man's priorities are!

Posted By: maverick Re: YMCA - 03/20/01 12:06 PM
Yet More Collated Anecdotes....

Tsuwm says: “I stumbled(!) upon Juggling for the Complete Klutz".

Anu says: “To drop is human, to juggle divine. I can juggle three balls so far. Next, I'd like to learn club-juggling….”

Posted By: Jackie Re: YMCA - 03/20/01 12:49 PM
Aunt mav, You Make Cognitive Aberrances.

Tsuwm has been seen at that weird museum in Minneapolis, and Anu is known to live--not in Minneapolis!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: sightings - 03/20/01 08:24 PM
Tsuwm has been seen at that weird museum in Minneapolis, and Anu is known to live--not in Minneapolis!

Jackie, what we may be dealing with here is a sort of Clark Kent/Superman phenomenon. Have you ever seen Anu and Tsuwm together? I rest my case.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: sightings - 03/20/01 08:28 PM
>Clark Kent/Superman phenomenon

I'm guessing that you're intending me to fill the (uncharacteristic) mild-mannered role....

Posted By: Jackie Re: sightings - 03/21/01 01:26 AM
>Clark Kent/Superman phenomenon

I'm guessing that you're intending me to fill the (uncharacteristic) mild-mannered role....

Tsuwm, mild-mannered? Not hardly! Clark Kent/Superman?
Nuh-uh. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, maybe...
[yipes I didn't duck fast enough emoticon]

Posted By: arosebyanyname Re: I have the evidence! - 06/08/02 03:31 AM
¤

Posted By: Father Steve Back from the Lake - 06/08/02 04:23 AM
Dear Chums ~

I have just returned from a judicial conference at Lake Chelan where I taught judicial ethics by the ruse of a law-and-literature class using Kafka's "The Trial."

And, on the original subject of this thread, you people have not been listening. There IS no Anu Garg. He is like the great and powerful Oz, only there is no one behind the curtain. So I have patiently explained in the past; so I explain again for the benefit of newcomers to the conversation.

Posted By: consuelo Re: Back from the Lake - 06/08/02 04:25 AM
Wow! Are you sure Anu doesn't exist? What a thread you guys had going. I wish I'd been here then.

© Wordsmith.org