Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 01:40 PM
Instant UBB Code doesn't work within the Make a New Post window. The only way to get UBBCode to work is with manual insertion of the markup codes.
Posted By: Wordsmith Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 03:02 PM
Thanks, tsuwm, for reporting this.

I found the bug and fixed it.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 03:15 PM
thanks!
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 03:40 PM
Well--if you're looking for bugs--a couple of times, when I've previewed a post I was about to make, the text had disappeared when I went back to change something. Nonetheless, thank you VERY much for all your efforts.

Edit: including this one. I came back to it to add that I hope the icon I just put indicates a kiss, and found a blank text box.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 04:24 PM
> bug

cool. thanks!

any hope for avatars? and maybe a Quick Reply box?
Posted By: Wordsmith Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 06:07 PM
Avatars are on now, so is the Quick Reply box.

Jackie, you don't need to click back button now. The form is displayed again after you hit Continue, in case you wish to edit something.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 06:49 PM
>The form is displayed again after you hit Continue, in case you wish to edit something.

with preview option on, scroll down to see edit window.
Posted By: RhubarbCommand Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 08:07 PM
HUrrah - Avatars are on! - let's see if mine has worked!

EDIT:No, it didn't - back to the DB
Posted By: RhubarbCommand Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 08:29 PM
So let's try once more

[clor:green]EDIT: Still no go.
The trouble is finding a pic which is as small as 80x80 - and I'm not keen on any of the stock avatars.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 08:48 PM
well, as you can see I have an avatar working; but it is a bit squashed!

edit: oh, that's so much better!

it's tough finding something smaller than 10k..
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 09:52 PM
Lessee what this does for avatar.

Edit1: looks like I got to scale it down.

Edit2: or either flip all the right switches, one.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 10:07 PM
here's a bug which has been mentioned a couple of times elsewhere: closing out the browser and then reopening and returning here results in "New Posts" indicated for posts which have actually been read previously.

I just now tried this and noticed that the latest post in each active thread has been (re)marked as new!
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 10:53 PM
Meanwhile, FWIW, I'm happy to see that edits are recorded as such. No longer can anyone go back and edit *their post without a notification of such!
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 11:37 PM
thanks!! awesome!!!

now to find that avatar....
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/03/05 11:39 PM
Quote:

I'm not keen on any of the stock avatars.

So you won't be moving to Wales any time soon, then?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/04/05 12:45 AM
Quote:

So let's try once more

EDIT: Still no go.
The trouble is finding a pic which is as small as 80x80 - and I'm not keen on any of the stock avatars.

Rhub, if you've got a pic you'd like cut down to 80X80, send it to me, and I can do that easily.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/04/05 09:29 AM
Speaking of avatars, love yours, Max.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/04/05 09:46 AM
Quote:

yeah, and have you seen Father Steve's?!!
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/04/05 05:38 PM
Quote:

Quote:

yeah, and have you seen Father Steve's?!!

I do like the padre's. It seems so right, so just.

As for mine, well I know that at least some people here will get it.
Posted By: nancyk Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/04/05 08:47 PM
Okay, what am I doing wrong: How do I get to the complete list of threads within a topic? When I click on Information and Announcements, eg, nothing happens. And if I click on the latest post, I get the thread it's posted in. Clicking on Index also does nothing. The only way to another thread within the topic is to click on Next or Previous.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/04/05 08:51 PM
way strange. what browser are you using? perhaps delete your cookies, and log back in?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Elmer Fudd(s) Report - 10/04/05 09:30 PM
it's a little thing, but the registered and anonymous users online at the bottom of the page doesn't seem to work, at least in Safari.
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Elmer Fudd(s) Report - 10/04/05 09:54 PM
Quote:

it's a little thing, but the registered and anonymous users online at the bottom of the page doesn't seem to work, at least in Safari.

Nor in my Firefox.
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Elmer Fudd(s) Report - 10/04/05 10:18 PM
Nor in our Firefox or Exploder.

(Nancy, I wish I could help you with your problem -- maybe Anu's tech guy will figure it out...)
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/05/05 01:27 AM
Nancy, what screen are you looking at when clicking on, say, Information and announcements won't work? The only time it won't work for me is when I'm looking at the list of threads in the category.

If you're reading a thread, you should be able to click on the category title (Information and announcements, etc.) at the top, and be taken to the list of threads in it. You should also be able to click on it from Main Index or General Topics and see the list of threads in a category. Odd. Maybe it was a glitch that has now been fixed?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/05/05 02:09 AM
Dear Chief --

Something very odd: Bingley reminded me of tsuwm's post of the Hogwash rules; I added a post, intending to delete it when the thread appeared at the top of the list, but...it's not there!

If I go to the first thread (as of this typing) and click Next, I get to it, but...it doesn't appear in the list. Here's the address of the thread:
missing thread
Posted By: nancyk Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/05/05 02:11 PM
Jackie, it happens when I try to get to the list from the Main Index page or when I'm reading a thread and try to click on the category title. Just can't get the complete list of threads. I'm using Firefox; maybe I should try a different browser....
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/05/05 02:34 PM
Oh dear; wish I could help. I am impressed, though; I don't have the slightest idea how to use any browser other than the one that came with my computer!
Posted By: nancyk Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/05/05 05:16 PM
Well, I tried using IE and it was even worse. When I clicked on anything in the Main Index, all I got was This page cannot be displayed. Once, and only once, with Firefox I did get the list of threads within I&A - I was so excited! Hasn't happened since. This makes it extremely difficult to navigate the site
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/05/05 05:24 PM
nancy, I think you need to delete your cookies and log in again. you can do that both in your browser preferences, and also from your AWAD "My Home" page.
Posted By: nancyk Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/06/05 09:30 PM
Fingers crossed: Logged in twice at work and once from home and each time have been able to get the lists of topics in each category. I have no idea what I did or didn't do, but the problem is solved...for the time being. Thanks, everyone.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/07/05 12:48 AM
Good, Nancy; my fingers are crossed, too!

'Nother problem: every time I go to Who's Online, I only see myself. Surely not every last other person here is invisible; can everyone else see everyone else?
Posted By: Bingley Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/07/05 01:13 AM
I think the default is to be invisible -- at least I don't remember choosing to be invisible -- so maybe no-one has chosen to be visible.

While we're on the subject, I've noticed that the board claims that the maximum no. of people who've been here at any one time is 2. That can't be right, surely?
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/07/05 01:18 AM
right now, according to downscreen, 0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

one can only conclude that it doesn't count invisible users, and ergo and forevermore forthwith -- but I digress.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/07/05 01:23 AM
I'se visible, and I've seen nancyk here once, and anonymous once, but it's usually just me...
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/07/05 01:30 AM
eta, I just looked--I still see only me.

EDIT--well, I see it has been seven min., not just one or two; maybe it took you off...
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/07/05 01:31 AM
I'm still here... and I don't see you...
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/10/05 12:49 AM
Jah, the "who's on line" thing is still descompuesto. According to it, I am the only person who is ever on the board, at least at the time when I am on this board ... if you get my drift.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/13/05 01:43 PM
Too bad quotes don't include the name of the quotee.

**and**

Is there a way to get the most recent posts to appear at the top?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/13/05 01:54 PM
There doesn't seem to be, insel, but I just noticed something else. What's wrong with this picture?

View other user's pictures in their profile and user list?
Yes No

View user's pictures with their posts?
Yes No

Do you want to view other user's signatures with their posts
Yes No
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/13/05 03:29 PM
Quote:

I guess the quotee is the re: name after the subject.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/13/05 04:03 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I guess the quotee is the re: name after the subject.

Did I say that?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/14/05 12:50 AM
It isn't, though, necessarily--I'm pretty sure the re is the person whose post you've hit Reply to--who isn't always the person being quoted.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/14/05 09:00 AM
Quote:

It isn't, though, necessarily--I'm pretty sure the re is the person whose post you've hit Reply to--who isn't always the person being quoted.

If you click on the Quote instead of the Reply it will be the person to whom you are responding. If you use any other method the system has no way of knowing who's being quoted; you're on your own:

Marcus Porcius Cato loquitur
Quote:

Carthago delenda est

Posted By: Jackie Re: Bug(s) Report - 10/14/05 11:24 AM
Oh! Thanks! It has never occurred to me to use the Quote function; of course it would be that person, then! [duh e]
© Wordsmith.org