Wordsmith.org
Posted By: MELT O HAPPY DAY - 11/03/04 08:28 AM
I'M SO HAPPY! LAST WEEK MY DAUGHTER GAVE BIRTH TO A BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL NAMED "KATE".
AND TONIGHT...

O HAPPY DAY!

Posted By: nancyk Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/03/04 02:11 PM
Congratulations, MELT! Is this your first grandchild? Very exciting!

Posted By: Jackie Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/03/04 03:50 PM
Well, this is an extremely unhappy day for me--although it is my daughter's birthday--but I'll say congratulations anyway. Hope everybody's healthy.

Posted By: themilum Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/03/04 04:06 PM
Congrats to you MELT, for the birth of your new grandbaby and for the re-election of your hero - George W Bush.

Posted By: Zed Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/03/04 08:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MELT!!!
You're a grand...something. Oh well you're grand at any rate.

Posted By: wow Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/05/04 03:09 PM
O frajous day. Hooray hooray! Best wishes to Mom and Dad and the Grandparents !

Posted By: amnow Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/05/04 10:01 PM
Wow, wow...great news...but where's the 'b' in 'frajous'?
Just being a nit-picky, crochety, ready for the weekend old lady.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/05/04 11:19 PM
Congrats, Milo.

Posted By: themilum Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/07/04 12:36 PM
Congrats, Milo.

Why thank you, AnnaStrophic, I do take pride in just being myself.

Alas, I have but one alias and that is themilum, or for short, just plain Milum. MELT is the alias of a friend of mine who lives here in Alabama. She teaches fourth grade at a public school and recently achieved a certain measure of local notoriety when she blew the whistle on a fellow teacher for showing the R-rated movie Fahrenheit 911 by the vile Michiel Moore to his fifth grade class the day after the presidential election.

MELT is shy but outspoken. I'll try to get her to send you all a picture of Kate.

Posted By: Faldage Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/07/04 01:00 PM
showing the R-rated movie Fahrenheit 911 by the vile Michiel[sic] Moore to his fifth grade class the day after the presidential election.

Good thing he din't show it the day before the election or all them little rascals woulda gone and hacked the system, losing the state of FL for the Forces of Go(o)d.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/12/04 06:31 PM
Ah, thank you for clearing that up, Milo. You can understand my confusion, the style was so similar to yours -- as well as the bringing up of politics on a non-politics message forum.

Posted By: themilum Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/12/04 07:46 PM
Your confusion is quite understandable, Strophe, I am aware that you would think any deviation from the rules a telling point - what with you being the protege of the Faldage, for whom they invented the term "straight-laced".

" Good thing he din't show it the day before the election or all them little rascals woulda gone and hacked the system, losing the state of FL for the Forces of Go(o)d."

Posted By: Faldage Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/13/04 12:30 AM
the protege of the Faldage, for whom they invented the term "straight-laced".

That would be strait-laced, young man.

Posted By: Capfka Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/18/04 11:39 AM
Don't confuse the poor lad with facts, Faldo. He clearly has enough crosses to bear.

Posted By: themilum Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/18/04 01:47 PM
"Don't confuse the poor lad with facts, Faldo. He clearly has enough crosses to bear."

And a happy hi-de-doo to you too, Goodbuddy Capfka . Does not the Capfka know not to cross wits with a themilum?

straight-laced : The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language

---------->>>> 1. exaggeratedly proper <<<<<---------

Posted By: Capfka Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/18/04 09:28 PM
Ah, an Americanism. How can you rail against codified ignorance?

Posted By: Faldage Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/18/04 10:43 PM
Sure, why be right, when for just two affordable extra letters extra you can be wrong?

Posted By: themilum Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/19/04 01:56 AM
Oh yeah...now I get it. A gang bang. You two old timers want to play a game of "Three Stooges".
Well Ok, but I get to be Moe - OK?

Moe: Listen up boys, straight-laced is a evolved form of strait-laced. Although the archaic word "strait" yet survives in nautical terminology and means "narrow" as in the Strait of Magellan, its usage is otherwise antiquated and the original meaning is better conveyed by the more apt associations that come into play with the use of the word "straight".
El Comprehendo, bee-bee brains?

Curly [Cappy]: NYUK! NYUK! Ooo, wise guy...take that (slaps poor Larry who in reality is Faldage who in turn bites Curly's left ear).

Moe: (With a tap of a wooden mallet Moe conks Larry who in reality is Faldage on the top of his wooden head ) Stop it boys! Now Larry you go and apologize to Curly. You tricked him. Curly is not the smartest turtle in the tank and you told him that there weren't any rules; and then you went and made some rules up...(conk! conk! conk!).

Curly: You Rat! (slapping Larry who is Faldage, Slap! Slap! Slap!) Why didn't you tell me to shut up? NYUK, NYUK, NYUK!

The End

Posted By: AniamL Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/19/04 02:43 AM
Curley? I believe the proper name is... "Curly"

"It is a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age, he had been dead for two years." -Tom Lehrer
Posted By: themilum Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/19/04 02:55 AM
Ok Aniami, if you insist on being "proper", Curley, who is really Capfka, is now Curly...thanks.

Posted By: Faldage Re: O HAPPY DAY - 11/19/04 11:47 AM
The only straight lace is one hanging from a clothes line and it blows about in the breeze.

© Wordsmith.org