Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wow Lucky Brit in Australia - 07/15/04 01:46 PM
Heard this today on TODAY (US morning news show)
British tourist Frederick Claughton went to a flea market in Australia looking for a suitcase for his trip home to Great Britain. For $35 he bought a suitcase that appears to contain early, lost Beatles tapes and photographs that may have belonged to one of the group's roadies whose possessions disappeared after he was shot and killed in a gun battle with cops in Los Angeles.
Now, there is serendipity for you.
That'll inspire you to attend more flea markets, eh Max?
Currently the material is being evaluated/authenticated by experts. Claughton may be out of luck as the courts have consistantly upheld the coyrights, held by Apple Records, to all Beatles material.

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Lucky Brit in Australia - 07/15/04 06:36 PM
>That'll inspire you to attend more flea markets, eh Max?

Again with the assumption that I live on the penal side of the Tasman?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Lucky Brit in Australia - 07/16/04 01:42 AM
having a good winter, Max?

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Lucky Brit in Australia - 07/16/04 01:56 AM
>having a good winter, Max?

Having a VERY good winter. My sammarinese friend can't get over the way our nights can drop to around -1° or -2°C then have the day , clear and sunny, climb to around 13°C. The range in temperatures suprised him, since he said that the range there would be more like -1° or -2° at night and 1° or 2° during the day.

Posted By: wow Re: Lucky Brit in Australia - 07/16/04 10:47 PM
assumption that I live on the penal side of the Tasman?
No No No, dear Max. Heaven forfend! I was thinking that if something good was found at an Aussie Flea Market, something magnificent would turn up at one in NZ!

Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Lucky Brit in Australia - 07/16/04 10:50 PM
>Heaven forfend! I was thinking that if something good was found at an Aussie Flea Market, something magnificent would turn up at one in NZ!

Yah, to my embarrassment, I parsed that soon after posting.

© Wordsmith.org