Wordsmith.org
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Germanic language perception - 03/29/04 01:43 PM
(The following is an E-mail published in this week's AWADmail 117. I haven't tried it yet, but thought I'd go ahead and post this for those who don't receive A.W.A.D. or otherwise might have missed it:)

Subject: perception of Germanic languages

As part of a course at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) we developed a website intended for investigation of language perception. On the website 11 recordings of different languages and dialects can be heard, and the visitor is asked to rate the distance of the varieties with respect to his of her mother tongue.

To complete our project we need many different people with different native languages to visit our website and do the experiment. We would like to ask you to participate in this experiment or to send this mail to students at your university so that these students can participate. The experiment is for scientific use only and will not be used for other purposes.

The experiment and more information about the experiment, can be found on our website:

http://www.let.rug.nl/perception

We thank you for your participation.

Posted By: Fiberbabe Re: Germanic language perception - 03/29/04 01:55 PM
I did this last night, and it was really interesting, particularly the results page... It took me quite a lot longer than the promised 10 minutes, but that was clearly attributable to my pokey dial-up.

© Wordsmith.org