Wordsmith.org
Posted By: ExecVocabulary Vocabulary for Professionals - 06/04/02 06:30 PM
If you are a business professional and interested in expanding your vocabulary with a focus on your professional success, you should consider Executive Vocabulary. The program teaches Power Words; words used by successful professionals to communicate more effectively. The words were pulled from business documents and business publications like WSJ and Bus. Week. All of the examples are real-to-life business examples that enable you to quickly integrate the words into your daily vocabulary. They are powerful words but not pretentious. Go to www.executive-vocabulary.com if you are interested in learning more.

Posted By: Keiva Re: it was a commericial announcement - 06/04/02 06:46 PM
From that page and its links:

"For only $129.95, you will receive the complete Executive Vocabulary program..."

"Order Executive Vocabulary today, and pay no tax or shipping charges between now and June 15th, 2002."

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: it was a commericial announcement - 06/07/02 08:33 PM
First post an advertisement... *sigh* Well at least it was posted in "miscellany."

Personally I think business execs hsould increase their vocabulary by reading Melville.

Yeah... did you get the memo? Well if you could do that it would be great...

They are powerful words but not pretentious.

Disgusting, oxymoronic spam is what that junk is.

This board here is ad-free for a reason. Go to the home page and give the board some cash and Anu will advertize your site to a considerably larger sized group.

Posts like this are unwelcomed here.

Posted By: wow Post No Bills! - 06/07/02 10:36 PM
Shame! shame ! We do not use this Board to advertise any products.

Posted By: SilkMuse Post deleted by SilkMuse - 06/08/02 02:08 AM
Posted By: Keiva Re: Post No Bills! - 06/08/02 02:16 AM
Ain't free speech just peachy?

Mercifully, the right to free speech doesn't include:
--the right to force others to listen;
--the right to any particular microphone or podium of the speaker's choosing; or
--the right to complete immunity from the consequences of one's words.

[Immediate disclaimer by edit: this is metaphorical expression, and should not be taken as a complete and detailed statement of the law, nor as purporting to practice law in any particular jurisdiction. ]

Posted By: Keiva Re: Post No Bills! - 06/08/02 02:22 AM
Post No Bills!

Bill, no posts?????

Posted By: arosebyanyname Re: Post No Bills! - 06/08/02 02:23 AM
--the right to complete immunity from the consequences of one's words.

One would hope you take this one especially to heart, Keiva

Posted By: wofahulicodoc moderation is a virtue - 06/08/02 02:25 AM
any idiot can find the board in a list of word sites

...and any well-meaning enterpreneur can try to further a fledgling business by doing something it turns out we don't care to see. But do we all have to jump on him/her like a tank of piranha and be surly and unpleasant? Doesn't the first message or two make the point?

I know, I know, it's that tiresome Incurable Optimist again...but still...

Posted By: musick Re: moderation is a virtue - 06/08/02 03:13 PM
wolfie - Yeh, I thought my *rag picked up most of the dirt.

Doesn't the first message or two make the point?

There are too many *pointy people here in one place.

© Wordsmith.org