Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm googlePlus - 05/26/01 03:33 AM
for those of you who thing that google™ is the ne plus ultra of search tools, give iLOR a try [ilor.com]; it uses google as its engine, but when you place your cursor over a link you get a menu of interesting options....

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: googlePlus - 05/26/01 06:42 AM
Yes, I looked at it a couple(?) of weeks ago when someone at work mentioned it, but I find that I still prefer Google itself. No real reason, though. Looks better? Dunno.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: googlePlus - 05/26/01 06:48 AM
I find that I still prefer Google itself. No real reason, though. Looks better? Dunno.

When I went there using the mozilla-based browser I use most now, ilor did not like the browser ID tag I have it set up to give - NYODB. Things like that always get me wondering about spyware and the potential misuse of scripts.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: googlePlus - 05/26/01 09:14 AM
. Things like that always get me wondering about spyware and the potential misuse of scripts.

Just keep applying the post card test, Max. It's the only way to keep the forces of darkness at bay! Or 128-bit encryption, but then I repeat myself.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: googlePlus - 05/26/01 07:59 PM
Just keep applying the post card test, Max.

'Splain, please.

Posted By: nancyk Re: googlePlus - 05/26/01 08:02 PM
Off-topic but about google: Was researching problem gambling for an article I'm writing for another website. Googled "problem + gambling" and on first of many pages of references was an ad for - what else - online gambling! Seems wrong somehow. Had visions of people looking for help for an addiction getting sidetracked...

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: googlePlus - 05/27/01 04:37 AM
Just keep applying the post card test, Max.

'Splain, please.

Don't anything in an email or on the Net that you wouldn't want seen on a post card. If you're not trying to hide something, the dark side can't get anything on you!

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: googlePlus - 05/27/01 05:00 AM
If you're not trying to hide something, the dark side can't get anything on you!

No, but the spammers can!

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: googlePlus - 05/27/01 09:48 AM
No, but the spammers can!

Life = Risk

© Wordsmith.org