Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Curuinor OED on the cheap? - 03/01/07 02:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the unabridged OED or the CD for less than $300? I hardly think that a dictionary, even one with 800,000 words, would need to have 20 volumes and a price tag of $1000.
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: OED on the cheap? - 03/01/07 02:25 PM
Amazon lists it at $230. You could try Powells or Abebooks to try to find it used.
Posted By: dalehileman Re: OED on the cheap? - 03/01/07 02:50 PM
I might be able to put you onto some folks who know how to get OED online, but WS protocol forbids me from naming this source. So I am dalehileman@verizon.net
Posted By: tsuwm Re: OED on the cheap? - 03/01/07 02:53 PM
dale, you are so full of it -- I have posted *here* ofTen regarding access to OED online through local libraries.
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: fasten lossy - 03/01/07 03:01 PM
regarding access to OED online through local libraries

Who'd've thought the Dalebot was a warez d00d.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: fasten lossy - 03/01/07 03:24 PM
you've lost me there, zm -- are you saying that dale advocates *illicit access to OED online? (I surely don't.)
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: fasten lossy - 03/01/07 03:33 PM
are you saying that dale advocates *illicit access to OED online?

That's what I assume he meant, language being degraded and all such like. (Whenever I read protocol, I think of Hank Ford and his history is all bunkum press.)

(I surely don't.)

Perish the thought. I would never suggest it. (And I don't care who knows it.)
Posted By: dalehileman Re: OED on the cheap? - 03/02/07 03:41 PM
Quote:

dale, you are so full of it -- I have posted *here* often regarding access to OED online through local libraries.

Sorry tsu, didn't mean to steal your thunder though readily admit I am often full of it

What I meant was, if zm would email me I would put him onto a link the mention of which constitutes an outrageous breach of WS protocol
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: seapchide - 03/02/07 03:46 PM
if zm would email me I would put him onto a link the mention of which constitutes an outrageous breach of WS protocol

Not unless zm is Dalese for Curuinor.
© Wordsmith.org