Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm clinchpoop - 08/16/06 07:39 PM
I'm seeing 100s of hits more than the usual slow summer's day due to the subject word being OneLook's WOTD. but I don't see clinchpoop "in the news" -- izzit a crossword clue or something like that? ]
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: clinchpoop - 08/17/06 12:19 PM
thank goodness it doesn't mean what I thought it might...
Posted By: Zed Re: clinchpoop - 08/17/06 10:47 PM
It's not far off what I thought.
I think I'll start using it since both the sound and the definition suit one of tha people I work with.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: clinchpoop - 08/18/06 01:23 PM
Quote:

thank goodness it doesn't mean what I thought it might...

near as I can tell, this uptick was caused by a new entry in the urban dictionary which is probably closer to what you thought it might mean.
happily, it is being voted down.
Posted By: Jackie Re: clinchpoop - 08/18/06 02:03 PM
it is being voted down. So, the urban dictionary is one of those wiki things? (She said, having no memory of ever looking at the thing.)
Posted By: zmjezhd Re: cinchpipe - 08/18/06 02:09 PM
So, the urban dictionary is one of those wiki things?

No, the Urban Dictionary is not a wiki. It's an online dictionary where the definitions are written by users and then voted on.
Posted By: Jackie Re: cinchpipe - 08/18/06 02:19 PM
Thank you.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: cinchpipe - 08/18/06 02:48 PM
> So, the urban dictionary is one of those wiki things? (She said, having no memory of ever looking at the thing.)

I know you don't like to take links provided; but, really, that one was harmless and (I think) helpful.
Posted By: Penguin Re: clinchpoop - 08/18/06 08:17 PM
clinchpoop was used earlier this week on the Bill O'Reiley show on FOX News.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: clinchpoop - 08/18/06 08:22 PM
>on FOX News.

no wonder I didn't see it!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: clinchpoop - 08/23/06 08:11 PM
At the conclusion of each episode of The Factor, O'Reilly ends the show by reminding the viewers to visit his two websites, and then requesting that they "opine" and are sure to include their "name and town, name and town, name and town". His final words are always marked by telling his viewers that if "they wish to opine, then please do not be a (colorful descriptive noun)".

Some of these nouns include "popinjay", "jackanapes", "blatherskite", "scaramouch", and "clinchpoop." He occassionally will spring a new word on the viewers, and such an action often results in a barrage of e-mails commenting on his new "word".
- Wikipedia

so I've had a whole mess of stump-jumpin' rednecks visiting.
© Wordsmith.org