Wordsmith.org
Posted By: jimthedogII Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 11:14 AM
What is plural for cactus and what language did we get it from?

-Scott
Posted By: jimthedogII Re: Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 11:18 AM
Please send answers by private email, this page is for talking aboout the quiz.

-Scott
Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 12:30 PM
.... easy-peasy.

Something harder maybe...

Why is there a plural of God?

Posted By: wwh Re: Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 03:49 PM
I wouldn't want to get into theology, about which I am totally ignorant, beyond knowing that it took a long time to convince the majority that there was only ONE god.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 06:16 PM
Emo Phillips: I'm a big fan of the Judaeo-Christian ethiic. I think the whole concept of monotheism is a gift from the gods.

Posted By: Sparteye Emo Phillips - 03/07/01 07:46 PM
Emo Phillips, relating a conversation of his parents he overheard: "See? I told you he would live."

Posted By: jimthedogII Re: Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 08:15 PM
Come on, somebody get it right!

-Scott
Posted By: of troy Re: Daily Quiz - 03/07/01 08:27 PM
Has the majority been convinced? jews, christians, and muslims-- but there are still hindu's, and do budists count? many budist see it as a philosophy, and not a religion. And for many japanese, the see no conflict with being christian and still worshiping at Shinto shrines...

and one of the things that drove me from the roman catholic church was the dogma that it is the true religon-- and every thing else is sub standard. I believe in one god, but i think believe in god or gods is okay--and while the word pagan is still in my vocabulary, i try to re-think and not presume that monotheism is univeral or even superior.

After all, i am created in god's image-- so how can you be sure i am not a god-- am i not the image of one? and if i can be a god-- well that open up a lot of possiblities.

© Wordsmith.org