Wordsmith.org
Posted By: dalehileman viewings and followups - 02/28/06 05:49 PM
What's the largest number of WS viewings of a single thread

How about no. of followups

Thanks guys
Posted By: tsuwm Re: viewings and followups - 02/28/06 05:57 PM
this might make an interesting study for someone with waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands. but disfortunately the numbers have been skewed by kids(?) repeadtedly clicking on their own threads to artificially up the views.
Posted By: dalehileman Re: viewings and followups - 02/28/06 07:58 PM
tsu: But I thought perhaps this site might have algorithms in place for the purpose, as is the case in many blogs across the Web for purposes diverse. I wouldn't expect somebody to scan the archives, manually tallying the score

Not even I
Posted By: tsuwm Re: viewings and followups - 02/28/06 08:30 PM
>I thought perhaps this site might have algorithms in place for the purpose

<sigh>

nope (at least not so as to be visible to us); and even if it did, the numbers would still be skewed.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: viewings and followups - 02/28/06 08:37 PM
you can, however, click in any category, and the click "views", or "replies" to see which thread has the most. (if it shows you the least, click it again.) then by going through all of the categories, one could come up with an answer.

tsuwm is right, of course, about the in-exactness of such counts, however.
Posted By: dalehileman Re: viewings and followups - 02/28/06 11:07 PM
eta: Thank you for the tip
Posted By: belMarduk Re: algorithms - 03/01/06 07:39 PM
HA! Dale, I don't think I've heard the word algorithm so much as since you've joined the Board.
Posted By: maverick Re: algorithms - 03/01/06 11:31 PM
Quote:

HA! Dale, I don't think I've heard the word algorithm so much as since you've joined the Board.

and, er, that's a good thing? [/askin]
Posted By: dalehileman Re: algorithms - 03/02/06 12:05 AM
mav: I think it has something to do with a vice-president who invented the Internet and who also swings
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: algorithms - 03/02/06 02:00 PM
No Dale I think it was our former President who is the swinger.
© Wordsmith.org