Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/16/06 02:27 PM
huh.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/16/06 03:50 PM
Merripedia?
Posted By: maverick Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/16/06 03:57 PM
Merritricious?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/16/06 03:59 PM
zing, mav!
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/16/06 04:00 PM
Quote:

Merritricious?

And a Happy New Year.
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/16/06 06:23 PM
I wonder if they'd consider taking a list?!
Posted By: Jackie Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/17/06 02:02 AM
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/17/06 07:15 AM
Bad idea. Even the cats think so.
Posted By: wsieber Re: Merriam-Webster's open dictionary - 01/17/06 02:57 PM
Bad idea - why? from a marketing standpoint (for the "real" encyclopedia) it's even brilliant, and it may channel some vandals away from wiki
Posted By: maverick Re: Merriam-Webster's open fictionary - 01/17/06 03:40 PM
Quote:

Bad idea - why? from a marketing standpoint (for the "real" encyclopedia) it's even brilliant, and it may channel some vandals away from wiki

Dunno about either of those ideas, W. The first assumes the particpants in the collaborative version would ever be in the same market segment as the prospective purchasers of the proper version (and my bump tells me they won't, not ever!) The second seems a bit like supposing that taggers with spray cans should be given two walls to deface instead of only one so that it may somehow deter them from defacing the first... oh, hang on, New York tried that already, didn't they?!
© Wordsmith.org