Wordsmith.org
Posted By: consuelo I been hypnotized - 12/22/05 05:59 AM
The really HOT/COOL stuff happens if you hold your finger down on the scroll button until you get to the bottom of the page.
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: I been hypnotized - 12/22/05 11:57 AM
That has to be absolutely the weirdest web site I have ever run across. Every one of those lines is hypertext; when you click on one of the lines you get an apparently random access into an absolutely huge data base of totally uninteresting digital (or digitized) pictures, along with links to other places within the base. At least I think that's how it works.

It's an art project of some sort, and I will state publicly that prior to this I had been in favor of spending taxpayer money for grants by the National Endowment for the Arts. If this site got ONE PENNY of my money I am gonna be writing my Congressman!
Posted By: Esael Re: I been hypnotized - 12/22/05 07:40 PM
Wow. That is a really weird site. I think it might have been some sort of e-mail chain letter were you add a h word every time. Then apperently someone made it into something really weird. After I read about 500 of the words (not the web pages), and looked at how much I had to go, I just gave up and scrolled like you said. It's so weird looking. You see one word, but then it's gone... freaky.
*a new member,
*~Esael
Posted By: inselpeter Re: I been hypnotized - 12/22/05 07:57 PM
It is, I think, an advertisement.

[/cynical marketing acolyte]
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: I been hypnotized - 12/22/05 09:22 PM
But if you go into the link and change indexh to indext you get an entirely new set of words and new links from those words. The data base must be hu-darned-mongous.

If each of those words is a separate link and each picture is 20 KB or so, and if there are literally tens of thousands of pictures along with the associated links, tht starts adding up to some disk space somewhere.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: I been hypnotized - 12/22/05 11:34 PM
I'll say.
Posted By: themilum Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 12:23 AM
Ah but yes, from out the madness sanity yet protrudes compliantly.

Go to "J" then click on the first "Janetjackson". See?
Posted By: inselpeter Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 12:30 AM
Nope. Did think this was funny, though.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 12:31 AM
yeahbut (who's got rights?), click on the first "janet" and explain that.
Posted By: consuelo Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 02:34 AM
It's all Father Steve's fault. I googled Joe Hutchinson Hoona Spoona lyrics and the only link that came up was the lyrics with no info. Google said "Did you mean Joe Hutchinson Hoona Spoon lyrics? so, thinking I might find something about that song there, this is what I found instead. They are all clickable?! You guys have way too much time on your hands. I liked it because it was words doing cool tricks and highly creative...

Hey, I found Jesus
And indexg will take you home.
Posted By: maverick Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 09:11 AM
Quote:

yeahbut (who's got rights?), click on the first "janet" and explain that.

thang you, $.04 please, Euro checks accepted

The clue was the loading time, followed by the fact that every time you hover the mouse over it shows an addy, hammockqueen! But after a few, my interest was *completely extinguished, so it didn't burn much time.
Posted By: maverick Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 09:20 AM
otoh, going via the index allows you to "interrogate" the visual database. I asked it what is the meaning of loaf, and got an answer that made at *least as much sense as any other so far provided... :]

edit: and in answer to "where's father christmas today" I aptually got a visually coherent (if left-field) answer!
Posted By: consuelo Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 10:56 AM
I asked "Is there f**king in heaven?"

And the answer is ...
Posted By: inselpeter Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 11:02 AM
Er, alls I ever got were Hs. Could someone kindly link some point of interest -- or not -- I just don't have the patience for it.
Posted By: maverick Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 11:10 AM
Questions received here...

I notice that your eff word was <ignored>, HQ, and heaven is defined as a pint of beer...
Posted By: consuelo Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 11:33 AM
Here ya go IP

When you type in heaven alone, it's a different story. Almost West Virginia.

Edit to fix link
Posted By: inselpeter Re: I been hypnotized - 12/23/05 02:07 PM
sweet
© Wordsmith.org