Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie Joke... - 07/25/04 01:43 AM
...heard this evening at Kentucky Music Weekend:

Two antennas got married. The wedding was terrible but the reception was great.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Joke... - 07/25/04 01:59 AM
groan...

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: Joke... - 07/26/04 10:24 PM
Was it an AM wedding?

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Joke... - 07/26/04 11:00 PM
And did a circuit judge officiate?

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: Joke... - 07/28/04 02:26 PM
Did the bride marry below her station?

Posted By: Owlbow Re: Joke... - 07/28/04 03:10 PM
Did the Best man seem a bit FMinate?

No, but she was wearing Chanel No. 5. And of course she had a broadcast on her broken arm.

How well did her mother-in-law receiver?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Did the bride marry below her station? - 07/29/04 02:42 PM
Little did I know...

Rumor has it that he's a cad
and she's in for megahertz down the line.

He came home with mono......

I will refrain from making any radio-related puns myself because I'm not much of a ham.

Sorry, everybody. I've arrived a bit late. Can someone tune me in?

should be crystal clear by now....

Hi Rubrick (short wave from over here)

In reply to:

Did the Best man seem a bit FMinate?

Yes, but he sent signals with great frequency to a girl named Analog Dial. They were seen leaving together even though she had come to the wedding with her Aunt Enna. Definitely not a sign of high fidelity!

come to the wedding with her Aunt Enna

I thought it was Aunt Enna that got married?

Posted By: Capfka Re: does Solid State allow same-sex marriage? - 08/15/04 08:05 AM
Yeah, she got married above her station. Thought she was the big AM. Trouble was, she married the Sideband brothers, Upper and Lower, so they could only have the reception in Utah. Even so, she copped a lot of static, because her veil was made of gauss. The band Width played for the dance and were generally acclaimed for the amount of background radiation they generated ...

Did you get a look at her jewel set?

no, but I heard they served marconi at the reception...

Posted By: Capfka Re: does Solid State allow same-sex marriage? - 08/16/04 08:18 PM
... and most of the wedding presents were sets of crystals ...

Posted By: AnnaStrophic OK, y'all're repeating yoursefs now - 08/17/04 01:43 PM

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Joke... - 08/18/04 07:57 PM
dat's funny...I heard the reception got wave reviews.

groan for groan

Posted By: DetroitDave Re: Joke... - 08/21/04 03:41 AM
Dee, the very tall bride, towered over her new husband, Jay, whom she first met via the local "meet a guy line." She radiated beauty and confidence in her strapless gown with the push-up bra, in which she was quite comfortable thanks to its wireless technology. The groom could afford only an unprofessionally crafted wedding ring and was somewhat ashamed to place this amateur band on his lovely bride's finger, but at least it slipped on with little resistance. In fact, the ring was so large that it was on, off, on, off, and eventually persistently on. The bit was done when he finally found the proper digital extremity and at last these two zeroes were one. The church was filled to capacitance but later at the reception, speaking of ringing, gay friends of the happy couple were dismayed to learn that food was restricted to heterodyners. Ironically, all who partook of the stereotypical wedding cake came down with classical mono, something rarely contracted at events of this format. The kids in attendance were rocking and rolling which shocked the adult contemporaries of the couple's parents who rapped loudly on their tables to drown out the DJ, much to the dismay of the younger folk. On the flip side, a big hit at the reception was the unusual on-line photo display which proved to be a successful album alternative. One of the jazzier gifts included a lovely crystal set which shattered when the bride tried out her new microwave as the crystal apparently was designed to be used only in gas ovens fired by LP. Recordings of the party documented continued woes as later, enroute to their honeymoon suite, all the luggage fell out of their pickup, remote as that seems, apparently due to a lost carrier. Noone could remember a celebration with so many miscues of such magnitude and frequency.

In the privacy of their honeymoon cocoon, the groom, a NASCAR fan partial to big engines, presented his bride with a unique piece of jewelry for her pierced ear -- a tiny replica of of a 426 cu. in. hemi motor. Unfortunately, the stud of his jewel was a bit too large for the opening in her lobe and, alas, the sheets were bloodied by his faulty engine earring.

Even today, it still hertz them to think about it.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: game, SET, and match... - 08/21/04 12:49 PM
heterodyners

welcome, Dave!

Posted By: TEd Remington Oh wow - 08/21/04 04:25 PM
To paraphrase The Who:

I just handed my punball crown to him.

© Wordsmith.org