Wordsmith.org
Posted By: RhubarbCommando Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 11:46 AM
Avoiding “e” gave the company here plenty of fun, but another button will give a challenge that may provide jovial entertainment and make people look quite deep into their brain-box and employ great zeal in order to avoid touching it.

I have avoided it in the paragraph above, although every other alphabetic character will be found therein. Can you emulate my cunning?

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 12:01 PM
Not at all facile, my dear Rhubarb. Writing in the grammatical current time period won't be a walk in the park.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 12:59 PM
perfectly true - and I can't write your moniker, either

Posted By: dxb Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 01:37 PM
Cunning? I imagine we can write without utilizing (Ha! An American touch can be handy now and then apparently.) the letter you have in mind. But of what will we write, dear Liza, dear Liza, dear Liza of what will we write?

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 01:43 PM
The hole in my keyboard?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 02:25 PM
of what will we write?

That query didn't bother anyone in the thread without e.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 03:07 PM
- or in any other thread, for that matter!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 03:25 PM
...and I can't write your moniker, either ...

Call me Anna, for the time being.

Posted By: of troy Re: Another taboo button: - 04/28/04 04:53 PM
RE: Call me Anna

Call me by any name, but don't call me late for dinner!

Posted By: wofahulicodoc two-button taboo - 04/28/04 06:36 PM
Hard, but not that hard, nor that awkward. Now for a difficult job, try it without _both_! Not a crowning glory, but not many could do it, I think. (Not for long, anyway...)

Didn't J. Thurbr print that Wondrful O?

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: two-button taboo - 04/28/04 08:56 PM
Hoolibut halibut
Truncating alphabut
Thwarting and foiling my
Ability.

Fancy “that Bard” or a
Pundit of long ago
Working and crafting that
Chaotically!

Posted By: Sparteye Re: two-button taboo - 04/28/04 11:46 PM
Well done, Coffeebean! I want to have your talent for poetry.

Posted By: musick Rulez zchmoolz - 04/29/04 05:01 PM
Way back when, I received a "legal citation" (from an *original member (a name with litigatable reference)) for that "pundit of long ago" line in context, for it ain't one word...

... other than that, well done, Coffeebean!!!

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Rulez zchmoolz - 04/29/04 05:17 PM
punditoflongago

that better?

Pundito Flongago should be a character in a book...
Posted By: shanks Of what will we write? - 04/29/04 05:20 PM
Well, we need to avoid the plural for certain.

There would appear, however, to be extra room for the practice of my bugbear (a favourite) regarding the application of "their", all politically correct, when we really do not mean the plural. Under the current verbal regimen, that application will be unavoidable, but I have to (have to, have to, have to, thumping my feet upon the floor, jumping up and down like the well-known dwarf in the grimm tale) animadvert, howl at, vomit up my bile at, the inappropriate and ugly and inelegant (to my mind) appearance of "their" where no plural could be meant.

Let him or her therefore beware of "their", for if "they" practice it, I vow to dance upon "their" grave!!!

cheer

the Ra-ray warrior

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: Rulez zchmoolz - 04/29/04 10:04 PM
In reply to:

Way back when, I received a "legal citation" (from an *original member (a name with litigatable reference)) for that "pundit of long ago" line in context, for it ain't one word...

Huh?

Posted By: wofahulicodoc ticket explained - 04/30/04 12:54 AM
..."legal citation" (from an *original member (a name with litigatable reference))... for that "pundit of long ago" line...

...meaning you get yelled at for violating the rule that the antepenultimate line of the DD poem - by definition - need be a one-word Double-dactyl. (Oh yeah, and Line No. 2 ought to be a double-dactylic name or identifier, too.)

The "legal" part? Hinting obliquely at the identity of the original Yeller without naming him/her, without writing our here-Forbidden Character. And, in a way, hiding behind the unuttered taunt "Let it be a challenge to you!"
Posted By: Coffeebean Re: ticket explained - 04/30/04 03:26 AM
Thank you, wofa and muzick!
I am hereby enlightened. But you have a point, the double dactylz were not perfect; however, I endeavored to play by the roolz of the thread. Would have gone clear off my proverbial rocker if I'd tried to do more!! Ha ha!

CB

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: ticket explained - 04/30/04 09:43 AM
Roolz! We don'need no roolz of bad odour!

- and I thought that you achieved great brilliance with your pome, coffeebean. I congratulate you.

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: ticket explained - 04/30/04 05:50 PM
Rhuby, Rhuby, I've been thinkin' . . .

No one took you up on your challenge to omit 19th letter and utilize the other 25!

Posted By: wofahulicodoc two-no-button doggrill - 04/30/04 08:49 PM
Optimal, poptimal!
Java-art-rhythmical
Crafting a ditty
Both-icon without.

What a coup that you did
Double-dactylically
Bring it ici with a
Grin, not a pout!

Posted By: musick Re: two-no-button doggrill - 04/30/04 09:41 PM
Nifty gilifty!

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: two-no-button doggrill - 05/02/04 09:29 PM
Hot Dogg'r'll!!

Posted By: Coffeebean Re: Rulez zchmoolz - 05/03/04 06:02 PM
In reply to:

I have avoided it in the paragraph above, although every other alphabetic character will be found therein. Can you emulate my cunning?

Hexiban zexiban
Catherine of Aragon
Married King Henry in

Henry departed from
Conventionality;
Judged her and vowed: “Thou art
No Queen of mine!”

Posted By: Capfka Re: Rulez zchmoolz - 05/03/04 06:19 PM
Ha! Very good. May I call you Blue Mountain in the future?

While I'm not fond of poetry - except for the odd clever dirty limerick, which prolly won't qualify anyway - I do like the double dactyl game. Only no one will play it for very long.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Rulez zchmoolz - 05/03/04 08:54 PM
Now that jazzy piece of double-dactyllic poetry quite exceeded my ideal. Thank you for a very good reply to the challenge!

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Genius - 05/04/04 12:17 PM
Great stuff, CoffeeBean. You are my dactylic Queen.

tabooz schmabooz!

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Genius - 05/04/04 06:46 PM
Naughty Anna!! the taboo button hath been fingered twice! Once in white You have incurred a multiple penalty!

Posted By: consuelo Taboo to you too! - 05/04/04 09:11 PM
My darling Rhuby, Anna did violate the roolz thrice and by replying to her, you did it too! [whip>>>whip>>>] Look at the title you have both utilized!

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Taboo to you too! - 05/05/04 12:03 PM
Ha! Connie, truth, indeed, fell from your mouth with that comment. Mea culpa, unwittingly, but an offence, without doubt. Lay on with the whip, dear lady. (In future, I need to look more minutely at the title before I reply!)

© Wordsmith.org