Wordsmith.org
Posted By: JessCC Boggle 8 - 01/02/04 04:45 AM
Get your goggles ready, it's time for Boggle round 8! I smell BIG words coming up!

| O | D | R | A |
| T | L | I | G |
| C | E | M | S |
| U | N | O | H |

Happy searching! :o)

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: Boggle 8 - 01/02/04 01:46 PM
One sixer so far, is all.

Community list in I&A, "answers to puzzles..."

Posted By: Jackie Re: Boggle 8 - 01/04/04 12:22 AM
Oh yay, oh yay, I am so happy to be back here (in this category) at last! Not sure why it took me so long, but I'm gonna get right to work on this one!

Posted By: grapho Re: Boggle 8 - 01/04/04 03:02 PM
"garish" is not an eligible word in the grid posted at the top of this thread, but it is a proper word in the grid posted in "Answers".

Which grid is "the" grid?

Do you have to peek at the answers to find the right grid?

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Are we looking at the same grid? - 01/04/04 03:43 PM
I just copied the grid from the top of this thread, and got

| O | D | R | A |
| T | L | I | G |
| C | E | M | S |
| U | N | O | H |

Then I put a "[ pre]" and a "[b ]" in front and a "[ /b][ /pre]" after to take away the spacing irregularities and make the type stand out more, and got
| O | D | R | A |
| T | L | I | G |
| C | E | M | S |
| U | N | O | H |

As I look at my screen they look pretty much like the same letter sequence to me, and garish can be constructed in both.

Did I screw up somewhere? Should we leave out the vertical pipes altogether to minimize confusion? Is this any clearer?

O  D  R  A
T L I G
C E M S
U N O H

Posted By: JessCC Re: Are we looking at the same grid? - 01/05/04 03:39 PM
"[pre ], [ /pre]" and "[b ], [ /b]" (minus the space)? I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!

Posted By: grapho Re: Are we looking at the same grid? - 01/05/04 07:41 PM
Spacing irregularity in the 2nd horizontal line of grid at top of thread is what threw me.

I rejected "garish" because "i" did not appear to connect to "s". Then I was surprised to see "garish" in "Answers" as an acceptable 6-letter word.

Squaring up the grid (with or without lines) resolves the problem. Thanks.

© Wordsmith.org