Wordsmith.org
Posted By: maverick Meaningless Words Part II - 12/08/00 07:29 PM
Continuing from (or with) Meaningless Words
http:////wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=wordplay&Number=7358&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=all&vc=1

Faldage wrote:
This is funny but it also demonstrates the fallacy of denying the antecedent.

http://www.intrepidsoftware.com/fallacy/deny.htm

It's still funny.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow wrote:
I have a headache!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobyoungboult wrote:
>The Perils of wrong thinking
The Philosophers Song
The verse I learned was, "Great Empedocles, to prove his soul, jumped into Aetna and was roasted whole."
And apropos of the barber paradox, seems to me that after all that heavy discussion, we could make very profitable use of Occam's razor

tsuwm wrote:
the philosopher's song:
http:////wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=words&Number=1910

Capital Kiwi wrote:
Re: The perils of wrong thinking
Thanks for the reference, tsuwm. There were several versions of this song sung by MP on tour. This doesn't mean that I'm saying my quote was correct, though. The best one was at a concert in LA. Idle was clearly right off his face on something very, very nice, because he went right through the show with a stupid smile on his face.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Meaningless Words Part II - 12/10/00 12:12 AM
Thanks for that thread change there Mav. It was getting so long to load and it invariably caused my comp. to freeze up.

Posted By: maverick Re: Meaningless Words Part II - 12/10/00 09:38 PM
... tho' in the perverse manner of this board, maybe another thread will anyhow take over the 'stream of consciousness' role anyway

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Meaningless Words Part II - 12/11/00 09:23 AM
Maverick marvelled: ... tho' in the perverse manner of this board, maybe another thread will anyhow take over the 'stream of consciousness' role anyway

... or the "rivulet of ribaldry" or the "creek of craziness" or the "river of rubbishness" or the "oxbow of oxymorons" or the "meander of maundering" ...

Posted By: shanks Re: Meaningless Words Part II - 12/11/00 02:29 PM
Or the brook of babble, the spring of serendipity, the fountain of frivolity, the raindrop of roses ?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: maundering meanders - 12/11/00 04:09 PM
are our streams stygian? what can we do about our redundantly riparian river-rats?
...and about those biker fish from hell; are they anadromous or catadromous?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Oxbows - 12/11/00 04:30 PM
oxbow of oxymorons

Of course we all know that oxymoron is itself an oxymoron.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: Oxbows - 12/11/00 06:32 PM
Faldage flustered: Of course we all know that oxymoron is itself an oxymoron.

Most of us don't analyse stream of consciousness stuff unless we're practising psychologists. I'm not one - are you?

Posted By: maverick Re: Oxbows - 12/11/00 07:15 PM
practising psychologists

Practising? I'm a bloody expert, mate

Posted By: Faldage Re: psycho - 12/11/00 07:31 PM
Quoth Capital Kiwi: Most of us don't analyse stream of consciousness stuff unless we're practising psychologists.

No shrink I, I'm a card carrying Fool

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: psycho - 12/12/00 12:50 AM
Fumbled Faldage: No shrink I, I'm a card carrying Fool

Along the lines of "Nothing I say makes sense, including this statement?" I think we've been there before.

© Wordsmith.org