Wordsmith.org
Posted By: susan030965 name the name game please - 07/15/03 02:44 AM
I was wondering if any of you folks know if there is a name for a game where you have a name or phrase and have to use the letters in such to come up with other words. I have not been sucessful in finding this information out anywhere else. Thanks for your assistance. Susan

Posted By: Bingley Re: name the name game please - 07/15/03 04:17 AM
Anagrams? They used to be popular competitions when I was a lad. Whoever can make the most words using the letters in the name of a product or whatever, gets a free life-time supply of whatever it was.

Bingley
Posted By: consuelo Re: name the name game please - 07/15/03 06:07 AM
The Detroit News has this as a regular feature and they call it "The Word Game". Go figure.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: name the name game please - 07/16/03 11:10 AM
That wonderful game, "boggle" Hi, fiberbabe is an extension of "anagrams", I guess.

Posted By: Jackie Re: name the name game please - 07/16/03 01:05 PM
Welcome, Susan--and if your birthday is March 9th., 1965, you're getting a welcome from someone who is exactly 12 years older than you are.

You might try looking in Games Magazine, or some other booklet that has a variety of word games. I've seen the type of game you're talking about, but can't remember what they called it.

[mantle e] Hrmph--I shall stake my claim to second place in the International Linguistics Symposium Boggle Playoffs...

© Wordsmith.org