Wordsmith.org
While skimming through a Linux Newsgroup (like a penniless child with his nose against the glass of a candy store), I came across the following piscine comparison: A PC without windows is like a chocolate cake with no mustard.

In honour of our anthropomorphised atheist/feminist aphorism, does anybody have any others of similar bent?

Frankly, I like my chocolate cake with a little Dijon on the side!

Posted By: wow Re: More reduncancies - Un homage à Shona - 12/01/00 10:07 PM
Talk to FishonaBike !
"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."
wow

Actually wow, that's where all this mess started :

http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=3572

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

In Dunedin, my home town (southernmost university in the world, yadda, yadda), there was an old factory which had a block-long wall facing on to one of the main streets. Shortly after the factory closed, one, very large, graffiti appeared, reading:

"So many men, so few bullets".

It took some time for me to be able to bear having anyone of the female persuasion behind me in the dark again ...

Posted By: belMarduk Re: More reduncancies - Un homage à Shona - 12/02/00 08:57 PM
Reminds me of a card I got from a good friend after a particularly nasty break-up in my younger years. On the front it read: Men, you can't live with them...

and inside: and murder is severly frowned upon.

>chocolate cake with no mustard.

I know I've tasted that before. Dijon vu?

Posted By: of troy Re: More reduncancies - Un homage à Shona - 12/04/00 03:49 PM
Well I need this site, like i need a whole in my head! ---

but of all the things i have lost, i miss my mind the most..
and the classic I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow is not looking to good either are nice
one of my favorites plays on the trend for milk containers, in US, to carry pictures of missing children..

What is it that every woman (of a certain age) wishes for?
--To find her husband's picture on a milk carton.

and Bel, the card comments are very tame, i've see it with ".... hard to get away with!

Posted By: Faldage Re: More reduncancies - Un homage à Shona - 12/05/00 04:28 PM
Or as I heard it "a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."

Does it then follow that a man without a bicycle is like a woman without a fish?

I like your logic, Faldage.
I have a recently-acquired nephew who is a fish. That's more than enough.

I have a recently-acquired nephew who is a fish. That's more than enough.

Clearly too much snacking between meals, Auntie. Tsk tsk.

Mustn't complain. I need to be eaten like I need a hole in the head.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: More reduncancies - Un homage à Shona - 12/07/00 10:09 PM
>I need to be eaten like I need a hole in the head.

I will keep my mind out of the gutter. I will keep my mind out of the gutter.

Posted By: Bingley Re: More reduncancies - Un homage à Shona - 12/08/00 04:41 AM
... but not your brains?

Bingley
© Wordsmith.org