Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Strange but true - 11/30/00 04:13 AM
Believe it or not, I have managed to obey Jackie's injunction - I have NOT read the post entitled "Max don't read this." Bring on the talking snakes hanging out of fruit trees! I must admit that I am being devoured by curiosity, but I will not yield!

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 04:24 AM
I suppose that we can trust you, then, to obey 'Top Sacred, Burn Before Reading' sanctions.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 04:30 AM
Don't lose your resolve, then, Sweetie--it's one of your
pet peeves.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 05:31 AM
Don't lose your resolve, then, Sweetie--it's one of your
pet peeves.

It's a matter of male ego now - I'm not going to get suckered by elementary reverse psychology.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 05:50 PM
The male ego, being only some 6 or seven inches in length , should probably not be relied on MaxQ dear.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 06:49 PM
The male ego, being only some 6 or seven inches in length , should probably not be relied on MaxQ dear.

Quelle horreur! Qu'es-ce que c'est inches? NZ is part of the civilised, developed world - we use the metric system. This shouldn't necessarily be taken as my saying that the numbers involved are wrong, just the units. Anyhoo, my male ego let me down. I clicked on a post listed several below Jackie's, forgetting that I was in flat mode, and ended up seeing her post. I guess that just proves your point.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 07:58 PM
(do I say it, do I not...hmmmm, the dilemma. All right, here goes)

Six inches / fifteen centimeters. It's one and the same, MaxQ. No matter how you say it, it's the same mouthful.

Posted By: of troy Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 07:59 PM
sounds like country matters to me...

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen Re: Strange but true - 11/30/00 08:09 PM
Six inches / fifteen centimeters. It's one and the same, MaxQ. No matter how you say it, it's the same mouthful

Peut-être, although I did say that I wasn't denying the validity of the number of units, just the type of units

© Wordsmith.org