Wordsmith.org
Posted By: TEd Remington So you think you've seen everything? - 09/04/02 05:31 PM
http://www.eternalreefs.com/

I have it on good authority that these have been around for over 200 years. In fact, one of the US's founding fathers is memorialized in this way. Does anyone know who it was?

Posted By: wwh Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 09/04/02 07:33 PM
Dear TEd: I couldn't find history of any "founding Father" being cremated and/or
buried at sea. Best I could find was Spiro Agnew.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V201122B1
[
Bill, Bill, Bill:

After all this time you are still taking me far too seriously. This was a setup! I'll see if anyone else cares to bite before I reveal the horrendous pun.

Ted

Posted By: wwh Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 09/04/02 08:32 PM
Dear TEd: I went back and read your prospectus again. Still don't see
hidden hook. Now I wait to see if our more perceptive people get it.

Posted By: GallantTed Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 09/04/02 09:33 PM
Howye fokes

I'll get the ball rollen with a terrable guess. George Washedashore?

Be seein ya

GallantTed (always the pioneer)

Posted By: consuelo Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 09/05/02 12:30 AM
Would that be a Jeffurnson Memorial????

Posted By: TEd Remington Geo. Washedashore - 09/05/02 12:51 AM
GT:

That's not it, but it certainly is funny!

I'll give a hint: this person was never president of the US, and the pun has to do with a modern-day singer.

TEd

PS:

The Jeffurnson guess was just as funny!

TR

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 09/05/02 12:52 AM
Paul Reefere?

well, I guess he didn't do much founding . . .
eternal reefs

Uhh, TEd...when you posted this did you somehow know that today's upcoming Daily Word was going to to be ossuary!? Spooky.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 10/03/02 02:31 PM
So TEd, when are you going to drop the other shoe?

Oh Heck. Forgot all about it. Benjamin Franklin was placed in concrete and dropped in the ocean = A Reef of Franklin.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: So you think you've seen everything? - 10/03/02 06:54 PM
Well, thank you. Now I know where to pay my R.E.S.P.E.C.T.s.

© Wordsmith.org