Wordsmith.org
http://www.worldoftheuseless.org.uk/

There's even a section called the Battle of the Bears in there with no mention of GallantTed (see site index at bottom of page). Shocken is what I call it.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Hiya, GT! Good to see you! The "Where's Osama?" link is LOL!!! Thanks!

Also love the sound of this word, the way it flows when you say it:

heteroscedasticity: Its a statistical measure of a normal distribution...whatever that means.

Sounds like something you could apply to describe the subtext to Tennessee Williams' Cat On A Hot Tin Roof if the undelying theme were latent heterosexuality, instead of vice versa

Howya Witty

How is things with ya? It's not a bad little joint allright, even if that fella doesn't know his bears from his elbow.

Be sein ya

GT

No bears were harmed in the making of this Web page

Well, GT, at least you can take some comfort from this. Good se'en ya!

Howya Consuelo

Yer wrong there, I'm afeared. Ya see, nothin will make up fer the hurt of me exclusion. It's shocken, I'll tell ya.
How is things yerself?

Be seein ya

GT

nothin will make up fer the hurt of me exclusion.

You're aggrieved because you were excluded from the world of the useless?

Howya Faldage

Yer shocken altagather! Anyways, me pal Albear Camoo rekons all the world is useless so by ibso facta I was indeed excluded (or somethin like that).

Be seein ya

GallantTed

What could be more of an honor? If all the world is useless and you're excluded from the world, it is the whole world that is excluded; you are all that is not. It's just a matter of perspective.

Howya Faldage

I am excluded, there for I am.

(I) be seein ya

GallantTed

Hey Faldage, do you realize that you have been talking high philosophy with a teddy bear?

Hey Gallant Ted, do you realize you have been talking high philosophy with a Faldage?

----> <----

Howya milum

I'm with ya there, mil. And ta think that Whitty O Neill was goen ape a while back cos someone claimed they could talk ta the dogs. I'm tellen ya, it's all happenen even as I type, hear in AWAD.

Be seein ya

GallantTed (yer everyday-being-in-the-world little teddy bear)

...high philosophy with...

On the internet no one knows...

Hello,

David's World of the Useless here. GallantTed was good enough to recommend my site (admittedly with a side gripe about him not receiving a mention in the Battle of the Bears).

You can got directly to the Battle of the Bears page via this link:
http://www.westwood.u-net.com/david/bears.htm

As to the question of GallantTed's existence, he was excluded due to my ignorance of him. Philosophically GallantTed was not in my universe. He has since made himself known to me, but I've yet to see a picture of him and am therefore still unconvinced of his existence. In the World of the Useless: I gif, therefore I am.

Posted By: TEd Remington I gif, therefore I am. - 08/12/02 03:20 PM
That's OK for you, but I gif at the office.

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: I gif, therefore I am. - 08/13/02 01:10 PM
Aha! The Dave is Bishop Berkeley in disguise!

Posted By: GallantTed Re: I gif, therefore I am. - 08/26/02 12:15 AM
Howye fokes

Had a bit of a hollyday fer meself so sorry I couldn't partake in this mighty fillysofical debate.

Of course, it's all about brand names, ya see. Once it used ta be I jif, therefore I clean, but now it's I cif, therefore I clean. (Not me good self, of course, I get me people ta do that sorta thing).

Thus, on reflection, does the mirror be durty if yer not looken at it? - or somethin like that.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

Posted By: milum Re: I gif, therefore I am. - 08/26/02 01:44 AM
Oh do... please do...talk dirty to me Gallant, your mirror is only dirty when lewd actions are such.

Please... never act dirty or talk dirty to me in public.
Because what I love is... your mind.

M.

Posted By: GallantTed Re: I gif, therefore I am. - 08/26/02 07:11 PM
Howya mil

I should have explained that on this side of the proverbeal pond, jif is a cleaning agent fer the bathroom and kitchen and the like. They then changed the name to cif. I don't know if ya have the same product in The Mericas.

They once changed a chocolate bar called marathon ta snickers. Did ya know that? I've a fierce sweet mind, ya see.

Be seein ya

GT

Posted By: Faldage Re: jif to cif - 08/26/02 07:27 PM
jif is a cleaning agent fer the bathroom and kitchen and the like. They then changed the name to cif

Parbly because y'all startit try and to scrub yer loos down with peanut butter.

Posted By: sjm Re: jif to cif - 08/26/02 08:29 PM
The cleaning liquid is still called Jif in New Zealand, and there no reported cases of any Zilders mistaking it for peanut butter.

Posted By: Faldage Re: jif to cif - 08/27/02 01:22 PM
mistaking it for peanut butter.

I wasn't so much worried about anyone spreading toilet cleaner on sandwiches as I was about folks trying to clean out the toilet with peanut butter. And I wouldn't think that a Zilder would make either mistake. Never can tell bout them UKns, though. I know ifn they tried to call toilet cleaner *here there'd be lawyer meat on the hoof for a month of Sundays.

Posted By: FishonaBike Re: jif to cif - 08/28/02 10:14 PM
clean out the toilet with peanut butter

Yeah, I've heard tell that Jif is the brand-name for a supposedly good USn peanut butter, but we haven't evolved much beyond SunPat over this side of the Pond - and let's face it, eating SunPat's pretty much like eating heavily sugared and salted glue with a few wood-shavings and bits of grit thrown in.

We also have Jif lemons over here - actually squeezable plastic lemons (don't start ) filled with something vaguely related to lemon juice. Very popular on Shrove Tuesday. Rarely used to clean toilets. Though come to think of it, they may clean toilets fairly well.

I doubt Jif of either variety could shift SunPat peanut butter though, even from the shiniest of surfaces. Wasn't that the problem with the Hubble mirror?

Posted By: Rubrick Stubborn stains - 08/29/02 08:23 AM
I doubt Jif of either variety could shift SunPat peanut butter though, even from the shiniest of surfaces.

The several possible connotations of the above sentence are enough to turn even the strongest of stomachs.....

© Wordsmith.org