Wordsmith.org
Posted By: of troy You are a wonderful..... (GAME) - 05/07/02 09:50 PM
I am slightly jealous of Sparteye's wonderful games, and i am making yet an other stab...
The object of this game its to find an interesting, slighty esoteric word, to describe or define someone..(generaly a complimentary one, but we will allow some lee way, for very interesting words or concepts)

to start, i would like to say to Ted, how thrilled i am to know someone like you.. you are a wonderful paronomasiac!

which Ted? why the one who is adept at paronomasia, of course! not that he is the only one here, but he does stand out.

Posted By: ladymoon Re: You are a wonderful..... (GAME) - 05/07/02 10:23 PM
Since her new elevation, Jackie is a great funambulist.

Posted By: Jackie Re: You are a wonderful..... (GAME) - 05/08/02 03:58 AM
Capital Kiwi is a wonderful ratiocinationist.

Posted By: of troy Re: You are a wonderful..... (GAME) - 05/08/02 01:09 PM
Jackie, re: Capital Kiwi is a wonderful ratiocinationist that he is, but am more inclined to see the other side of him. i think, many of his post would lead me to say he is wonderfully gelogenic!

but surely there are other words for CK, and me, and jackie.. come on... what would you call me?

Posted By: TEd Remington What would you call of troy? - 05/09/02 12:07 AM
An inspiration.

But apropos of nothing, I am somehow reminded of the story my father told me about WW II. He had a cousin who worked at a shipyard in St Louis, where they made LSTs. They sent one of them down the ways into the water, where it promptly capsized and went to the bottom. They raised her, cleaned her out and launched her again. This time a seam split.

This happened so many times that there was eventually a story in Life Magazine about this ill-fated vessel. The headline, of course, read "The ship that faced a thousand launches."

Actually my father didn't tell me that one. I sort of coined it and told him. And he stole it from me!

Posted By: Jackie Re: You are a wonderful..... (GAME) - 05/09/02 01:16 AM
what would you call me?
Helen! This will seem a little odd, but I LOVE the pronunciation I want to give this, so I will say you are a wonderful toties quoties.

© Wordsmith.org