Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 09/04/01 03:17 AM
Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Tantalosisyphosis - 09/04/01 03:43 AM
Good Grief! as Charlie Brown was wont to exclaim. I would certainly hope someone could do better. No offense, Max, but your creation sounds like a peculiarly virulent venereal disease.

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 09/04/01 03:47 AM
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Tantalosisyphosis - 09/04/01 10:29 AM
It sounds like something you'd catch from a promiscuous spider.

Posted By: wwh Re: Tantalosisyphosis - 09/04/01 12:22 PM
The intermittent fault is the bugbear of any kind of automotive, electronic, or appliance repair. Many times one might as well wait for complete failure.

Posted By: wow Re: Tantafonesis - 09/04/01 01:01 PM
In the spirit of "setting the bar low" (Great idea by the way) how about tantafonesis as in :
TANTA-lizing us when we FONE and get an appointment with mechanic, dentist, doctor, plumber, electrician, computer guru,etc. and when we get there we are told "I can't find a thing wrong, SIS."
Arrrgggghhh
I can hear you all saying : "Oh, m'Gawd! She's baaaaaaack!"

Posted By: Geoff Re: Tantalosisyphosis - 09/04/01 01:59 PM
Oh, dear, I thought tantalus was a metallic rare earth, and sysiphus was the venerial disese.

As for the problem of which you speak, Max, I spent twenty-four years as an automobile mechanic. I came to refer to this situation as the coyote syndrome, from the Road Runner cartoons, wherein the coyote never caught the road runner, but never quit trying, thereby combining the qualities of both Greek legends.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Tantalosisyphosis - 09/04/01 02:27 PM
And Geoff, with a nice play on "roadrunner".

Posted By: wordcrazy sisyphtansis - 09/04/01 03:58 PM
"Sisyphtansis" any better?

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 09/04/01 06:42 PM
Posted By: wow Re: Wile Coyote - 09/04/01 09:29 PM
does everybody just love that Subaru ad where Wile. E leaves that loathsome Roadrunner in his dust?
-----------------------------------
Haven't seen it here Max! And I generally watch commercials. Call me odd --- but some are more fun than the regular programs! Are you getting different ads? Or are we just behind the curve?

Posted By: Faldage Re: Am I some kind of sicko prevert? - 09/05/01 02:40 PM
does everybody just love that Subaru ad where Wile. E leaves that loathsome Roadrunner in his dust?

Just never could root fer nobody what cain't git it through his thick skull that he ain' gone win. Not nohow!

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen - 09/05/01 07:51 PM
Posted By: Geoff Re: Am I some kind of sicko prevert? - 09/06/01 12:54 PM
I was rootin' agin that smugly irritating bird. See?

Naw, the bird's not a smug b*stard, he's just totally brainless, knowing nothing but running and eating. It is Wile's intellect against this mindless "force of nature" that makes the cartoons so much fun for me.

Now, as for Acme, the brand of products Wile faithfuly uses, there's an Italian small engine by that name, not to mention Promethius' lesser-known brother. Perhaps he should use Promethius products, as it would tie in better with the original theme of this thread, IMHO.

© Wordsmith.org