Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Mkat Multilingual scrabble game? - 07/05/13 11:24 PM
Hey anyone hear of a scrabble time game that employs two or more languages, for example Spanish and English or English and German? I love playing in different languages.

Of note, some words are the same in any language (just about). For example, how do you say "cargo" in German? Cargo.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Multilingual scrabble game? - 07/08/13 10:34 AM
A nice try Mkat, but as you may have noticed by now, there's not too much curiosity for foreing languages in this group. Sorry. Maybe the ones that scrabble don't like them and the ones that like them and could do it don't scrabble. frown Bad luck, sorry.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Multilingual scrabble game? - 07/08/13 10:44 AM
You might need a mixed set of tiles. Don't have a lot of É tiles in the English set.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Multilingual scrabble game? - 07/08/13 11:19 AM
I think it's a great idea! Why not seriously multi-lingual? Lots of languages, not just two? We use words from other languages all the time, it would be great to be able to game with them.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Multilingual scrabble game? - 07/09/13 12:00 AM
One should note that in other language versions of Scrabble the letter frequency is different.
Posted By: Rhubarb Commando Re: Multilingual scrabble game? - 07/09/13 03:05 PM
... and Greek and Russian would give probems - and how about Arabic and all of the Far Eastern languages?
I know there are ways of writing these in European scripts, but these vary, even within one base-language
© Wordsmith.org