Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage Any cryptanalysts here? No time limit. - 07/10/11 09:40 PM
NJQBA RHLQI TXMNG PLRFP YCMDS WDASA LPNFQ QHCWI KTFOH RYLKB YMOSZ BSAMW KNRBF PHLCK PQRMS GCFNS OBOBH AMPLN FBPIC TJMBN ZUHQT ICEKG LMOSA LBRMM WAXFJ JMWAB JECJM PNWTK RUWGA IPNNM CJDDK EBDWQ RZZRL ZPOJM LMUTS KLLFK ICDNU CTBUN LMUOP DZLFQ HRTJP FSQTV
Posted By: Jackie Re: Any cryptanalysts here? No time limit. - 07/10/11 11:49 PM
I'm printing it out. I am assuming it's a simple substitution code; if it's not, can you tell me please? I am also assuming it uses the same code throughout. All 5's: not going to be easy! [rubbing hands together gleefully e]
It's all in capital letters, but I presume it is not 'yelling'.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Any cryptanalysts here? No time limit. - 07/11/11 02:12 AM
It's a substitution code, but not all that simple. It's just in caps because it's in caps. It's grouped in 5s because that's kind of a tradition with coded messages. Actually there's another reason it's in caps. And the font it's in make the G kinda wrong for the use I'm putting it to. You can take that as a hint of some sort. I'm just trying it out here to see if it's too simple to try with some group of real cryptanalysts.
Looks interesting. I've never worked with cryptograms (or
whatever you call them) so I have no idea where to begin. But
I'll be watching with interest.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Any cryptanalysts here? No time limit. - 07/11/11 09:04 AM
I'm happy there is no time limit. How about 2025?
grin
Posted By: Jackie Re: Any cryptanalysts here? No time limit. - 07/12/11 01:33 AM
I would LOVE to be a "real" cryptanalyst! And, huh--I tried a bunch of different fonts; with a LOT of imagination, I saw what looked possibly like a 9, a y, and a treble clef. (!) One of them turned it into Greek--this IS English, correct? Lastly--you did answer what I asked...and it was what I was hoping NOT to hear. Will have to change my strategy! (I suspected it anyway: there were too many things that were just too improbable.)
Posted By: Faldage Re: Any cryptanalysts here? No time limit. - 07/12/11 09:36 AM
The font thing is sort of misleading. The characters are just the characters that they are and changing fonts won't do anything towards helping you solve it. I just wrongly categorized the G when I was constructing the details of the code.
© Wordsmith.org