Wordsmith.org
Posted By: TEd Remington Porcine Lavation - 01/18/07 12:45 PM
The word is puggle.

I will post the daffynitions next Friday.
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: Porcine Lavation - 01/20/07 09:27 PM
One daffyn. coming right up.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Porcine Lavation - 01/22/07 03:53 AM
Uh, wofahulicodoc, did you ever post the final results of the round you sponsored (ONAPPO)? You posted the choices on 12-26-06 and I haven't seen anything since.
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: Porcine Lavation - 01/23/07 01:48 AM
It's here, way down at the bottom of the thread. Look for the morning of New Years Eve Day, around 10:30. Just don't let anyone make a monkey of you, or put words into your mouth...
Posted By: themilum Re: Porcine Lavation - 01/23/07 08:23 AM
Uh, wofahulicodoc, will you please explain to all the awad piglets still at suck on your mutible but unsatiate teats, the reason why the ONAPPO monkey is called "the ventriloquist monkey" ?

It would be neat if you would speak on this thread and throw your voice on this thread HERE

Without your lips moving.
Posted By: wofahulicodoc authority - 01/23/07 04:34 PM
Straight out of the dictionary, assuming you believe some strange dictionary:

onappo
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: authority - 01/26/07 12:53 AM
Wofa I believe that a Brit might compare your method of Hogmastering to the practice euphemistically known as "getting off at Clapham Junction." Most unsatisfying.
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Clapham Junction revisited - 01/27/07 01:14 AM
Alex, I'm not sure which part of my "method" is disturbing you - putting the answers in the same thread, at the end of the list of choices, instead of starting a new one? Too much time before posting answers? I didn't even wait the "usual se'nnight." Waiting until now to explain why a "ventriloquist monkey" is called that? I wasn't planning to elaborate at all until Milo asked, and as you can see I don't know any more about it even now than you do, just that Webster's Old One says so. Highly sub-optimal, I grant you, but that's all I have.

Let me know your thoughts about how things could be improved, by PM if you don't want to carry it any further here.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Clapham Junction revisited - 01/27/07 08:58 PM
What I was teasing you about was the fact that usually there are three threads for a given round. In the first thread you identify the subject word and solicit fake definitions via PM. In the second thread you present the fake definitions and participants also vote. In the third thread you (1) reveal the correct definition, (2) tally up who voted for what, and (3) award points or otherwise make recognition accordingly. You didn't bother with (2) and (3), depriving contestants of some degree of satisfaction in their efforts, unless they want to do the hogmaster's job themselves individually. Hence the reference to getting off at Clapham Junction.
Posted By: wofahulicodoc ONAPPO apology - 01/28/07 12:58 AM
In my defense I offer ONAPPO's question thread here, and the answer thread here. You're right, I didn't put the who-did-what-and-to-whom stuff into a Thread Three, but it _was_ there toward the bottom of Thread Two, with regrets for errors-and-omissions, and titled "ONAPPO revealed." Homage to Arthur C. Clarke is acknowledged.

Oh well. Two out of three ain't bad. Sorry for the inadvertent concealment.
© Wordsmith.org