Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Faldage Wootz the Booze? Warsh me a Hawg. - 11/25/06 11:40 AM
Your new hogwash word is wootz. Minimum time for daffynition entries is the traditional se'nnight.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Wootz the Booze? Warsh me a Hawg. - 11/25/06 05:34 PM
I'm in.
Posted By: themilum Re: Wootz the Booze? Warsh me a Hawg. - 11/25/06 08:23 PM
Hint.

There's a party over here
a party over there
Wave your hands in the air
Shake the
derriere
These three words mean you're gettin' busy

Wootz! there it is
Wootz! there it is

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Wootz the Booze? Warsh me a Hawg. - 11/25/06 08:37 PM
So wot's the maximum time?
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Wootz the Booze? Warsh me a Hawg. - 11/25/06 10:34 PM
Ancient coon-hunter proverb: Beware of Milum's bearing hints.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Wootz the Booze? Warsh me a Hawg. - 11/26/06 12:01 AM
Quote:

So wot's the maximum time?

When I cut off entries. Won't be later than Monday 4 December sometime unless I don't get a lot of entries by then. Got three good'ns already.
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Wootzing Matoolda - 11/26/06 01:46 AM
Count me in.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Wootzing Matoolda - 11/26/06 09:11 AM
Wish this fun wootz be more accessible to everyone.;~)
Posted By: themilum Re: Wootzing Matoolda - 11/26/06 10:51 AM
Go read the rules, BranShea, the great American fun game of Hogwash is open to everyone, regardless of race, ethnic circumstance, and predisposition; excepting, of course, communists and bi-sexuals and people of color.

(Be sure to mention my name when you submit your definition as I get extra credit for bringing in virgin players.)
Posted By: Faldage Re: Wootzing Matoolda - 11/26/06 11:53 AM
Quote:

Wish this fun wootz be more accessible to everyone.;~)

Anyone worried that their daffynitions would betray any difficulties with the language, be assured that I will offer any help with proofreading and/or copy editing of any entries. After all, it is to my benefit that any definitions be made as enticing as possible to distract from the real definition. This includes anyone for whom English is not a first language or any native speaker who, for whatever reason, may have other problems with the language.
Posted By: musick Atoolda the Hoon - 11/26/06 05:36 PM
...may have other problems with the language.

What about issues? I've got problems and issues.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Atoolda the Hoon - 11/26/06 05:56 PM
Long's you got problems, you're OK. Any issues are your own problem.
Posted By: BranShea Re: Atoolda the Hoon - 11/26/06 08:32 PM
I've never had problems with ootzhorities, but I always have problems with rools. I will try and read the rules again.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Atoolda the Hoon - 11/26/06 09:05 PM
Basically, you PM me a made-up definition for the word offered, I compile them and post them for all to see with the legitimate definition slipped in amongst them and then y'all vote for the definition that you like the best. Beyond that we argue about who got what points and whether milum has the foggiest idea what he's talking about.
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Atoolda the Hoon - 11/27/06 03:47 AM
Beyond that we argue about who got what points and whether milum has the foggiest idea what he's talking about.

... and what the prizes oughta be!
Posted By: themilum Re: Atoolda the Hoon - 11/27/06 08:49 AM
Quote:

...and whether milum has the foggiest idea what he's talking about.

Well, pigmates, wonder no more.

If themilum is not in his cups he absolutely has the foggist idea what he is talking about.

And you two would be better people if you would hang on each word.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Better a fillish woot ... - 11/29/06 11:24 AM
We're about at the halfway point on submissions and I've got nine so far. Keep 'em coming.
Posted By: themilum . - 12/01/06 10:03 PM
Well don't wait for mine. I've been thinking and thinking and I still can't come up with a plausible definition for "wootz" so I'm gonna sit this part out, but I ain't mad. I am not boycotting this round. I'll be back whenever a sen'night passes and vote for he who has posted the best.

Posted By: Faldage Re: . - 12/02/06 11:21 AM
I have ten entries. We're coming up on last call. I will post the list after Sunday 6PM Eastern Standard Time. That'll be 2300Z.
© Wordsmith.org