Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Alex Williams Hoggin the spotlight - 02/02/06 08:32 PM
Now that ucalegon's fires are waning, and gilse is in the voting stage, I'd like to present another candidate for hogwash. Definitions will be accepted for at least seven days via PM.

The word for this round is hoggin.
Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/02/06 08:46 PM
Ha! I love it!!
Posted By: Faldage Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/02/06 11:00 PM
Quote:

Now that ucalegon's fires are waning, and gilse is in the voting stage, I'd like to present another candidate for hogwash. Definitions will be accepted for at least seven days via PM.

The word for this round is hoggin.

¡¿Hwæt?! They're coming too fast! I'm having trouble remembering what I've voted for!
Posted By: maverick Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/03/06 11:55 AM
> They're coming too fast!

I second that. Personally I would prefer it if we had rounds over more quickly - say, 4 days for daffynitions and 3 days to vote. Sure, we'll all miss a bit now and then when roil-life® intervenes, but it would keep it movin' along more satisfactorily. Every potential HM could then form more orderly queues.

I realise this is far too close to suggesting a rule but.

Otherwise the chaos factor is likely to kill interest in the game after a while.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/03/06 12:02 PM
Parm my beg to differmints. I like the sennight/sennight pacing just fine. Sometimes it takes a while to blurp out a good daffynition. It's just I'd prefer to wait until one is all over and discussed before slopping up the next. Takes a while to dry off after all that wash water flang all over the place by them wild hawgs.
Posted By: maverick Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/03/06 12:08 PM
> beg to differmints

Anything else would be a shock, Fong
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/03/06 02:30 PM
I will allow ample time for definitions to come in on this one to maintain sanity and serenity.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/03/06 02:58 PM
I toid it. Let things cool down a bit. No one here ain't car shopping, 'fter all.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/08/06 11:09 PM
Still accepting submissions for "hoggin."
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: Hoggin the spotlight - 02/09/06 02:05 AM
n = n+1
Posted By: Alex Williams Last call - 02/10/06 03:35 PM
The governor is about to ring the bell and announce last call for "hoggin." Whether the muses of doggerel visit the hogmaster remains to be seen...
© Wordsmith.org