Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Bingley Look and tremble - 05/07/03 12:44 PM
inventorisation

How could you, Kiwis? http://www.karmapa.org.nz/articles/2002/july.html

Bingley
Posted By: Faldage Re: Look and tremble - 05/07/03 01:02 PM
Oh sure. One minute you're extolling the virtues of the, I barely dare call it a word, fecu, I think I can just manage to type it out, lency, eeeww, there I did it, and the next minute you're being disgusted by the perfectly normal inventorisation. Sometimes, in the words of the immortal Eddie John, I get up in the morning and I just don't know.

Posted By: wwh Re: Look and tremble - 05/07/03 01:28 PM
At least there can be no doubt as to what "inventorization" means, and the previous
circumlocutions required to convey the meaning were even clumsier.

Posted By: Father Steve Common Meaning - 05/07/03 06:38 PM
WWH sez: "At least there can be no doubt as to what 'inventorization' means. I agree.

inventorisation. Noun. The process of deciding who first discovered or crafted a process or thing, done in the absence of actual knowledge of the identity of the inventor. Usage: "If you don't know who invented X, you may engage in inventorisation to guess the most likely person."

Posted By: wow Re: Common Meaning - 05/08/03 05:45 PM
what 'inventorization' means

Sorry, Father Steve, but inventorization is the process of installing vents and/or fans in interior rooms to allow circulation of air in those rooms. Which would be a good idea for Treasure Rooms/ safes! :-)

Posted By: Jackie Re: Common Meaning - 05/08/03 11:45 PM
??? What the heck? I thought the article said they're doing (or trying to do) what I would call taking inventory.
So, how is the word pronounced: in-VENT-or-eye-za-tion, or IN-ven-toe-ree(rih?)-za-tion?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Common Meaning - 05/09/03 12:03 AM
or in-ven-TOR-ih(eye)-za-shun...

work that into a double-dactyl....

Posted By: Jackie Can't help it - 05/09/03 01:50 AM
Supercalifragilistic-in-ven-TOR-ih-za-shun...

© Wordsmith.org