Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wwh Hijack time - 12/12/02 04:32 PM
Tsuwm's wwftd is "bathycolpian". I think it could mean "requiring a long colposcope. YCLIU.
Or I could tell you it is a medical optical endoscope for viewing the depths of the promised land.

If you are not easily offended, search for "hematocolpos". Don't say I didn't warn you.

Posted By: mjw Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 05:26 PM
> If you are not easily offended, search for "hematocolpos". Don't say I didn't warn you.

Not really offensive, just a little gross to think about. Many medical conditions are.

Mark Waddington
Posted By: tsuwm Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 06:14 PM
this leads to a puzzling aside: Greek has/had one word (anglicized as kolpos) which seems to have been used variously for bosom, vagina, and womb (generally, fold).

Posted By: wwh Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 06:19 PM
Then there is the colposcope:
colposcope
n.
a magnifying instrument used in a medical examination of the vagina and cervix, esp. for detecting cancer
colposcopic adj.
col[pos[co[py 7k9l p9s4k! pc8
n.

Posted By: birdfeed Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 07:04 PM
Maybe the genuine original meaning of that Greek word "kolpos" is: Any of those female parts by which men are alternately fascinated and terrified.

Posted By: musick Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 07:08 PM
...the depths fo the promised land.

It has been promised?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 07:11 PM
wishful thinking...

Posted By: musick Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 07:25 PM
"...men are alternately fascinated and terrified."

I'm afraid to ask about this statement, yet still intrigued.

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: Hijack time - 12/12/02 09:41 PM
Maybe the genuine original meaning of that Greek word "kolpos" is: Any of those female parts by which men are alternately fascinated and terrified

...and generally held kolpable?

Posted By: consuelo Re: Hijack time - 12/13/02 11:22 AM
And warmly at that. [looking out the window and whistling-e]

© Wordsmith.org