Wordsmith.org
Posted By: stales Text Shading In Posts - 08/30/01 05:50 AM
All

As you know, I've been off the Board for 6 months. Since returning I've noticed that the occassional post contains some text that is a paler shade of grey (just) than the background - and thus I can't read it.

Is it just the way I've set up my screen, is it my browser, or is it me? Is there anything I can do so that I can read this part of the message? (I suspect I'm missing out on crucial witticisms!!)

I also can't remember where the info on emoticons lives in the archives. Having read it before, I seem to recall that it didn't go into any depth as to HOW one inserts these into a post. Similarly, don't know how to change fonts, text colour etc - do I need HTML knowledge? Do I use the "Post" window under the "Make a New Post" icon to post fancy stuff or is there some other way? If it's a quick fix, feel free to post the answer, PM me or send a reply via email.

yours in HTML inadequacy

stales

Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: Text Shading In Posts - 08/30/01 07:54 AM
Alright Stales! Good to have you back.

Start by having a look at Jo's heplful hints or check FAQs for the low-down on the pseudo-html:

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/maxq/Hints.html

As for the 'text that is a paler shade of grey'LIKE SO!! ... try using your mouse to highlight it. (please try above)

....and thus I can't read it.

That's the general idea - everyone sees it likewise .. and those curious enough will highlight it.

Aside: You're not a WCEs or FDs fan are you, Stales?

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Text Shading In Posts - 08/30/01 06:27 PM
Even better, stales, when you go to make a post, look in the upper right corner of your screen and click on the markup in your posts link you'll see there.

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Text Shading In Posts - 08/30/01 09:35 PM
Speaking of that infamous white text, I was pleasantly surprised that on my new lap top I can just angle the screen up and see it just fine. Sure beats wasting the time highlighting with this little trackpad. I miss a mouse.

Posted By: wow Re: welcome back stales! - 08/30/01 10:07 PM
If this old lady can figure it out you'll catch on real quick -- talk about computer-inpaired, I'm the Poster Gal -- Great to have you back amongst us!

AEnigma wants gal to be galaxie ...yeah, that too!

Posted By: Faldage Re: welcome back stales! - 08/31/01 01:25 PM
AEnigma wants gal to be galaxie
You got a different AEnigma nor me, wow? Mine says [galactic]. Course, in your case I'd parbly go along with that, too.

© Wordsmith.org