Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Sparteye pendulous - 11/27/01 03:41 PM
My wife has gone from a 36-C to a 34-long.

....-- Tim Conway

Posted By: Faldage Re: pendulous - 11/27/01 04:25 PM
My wife has gone from

Thank you, Dr. Bill.

Posted By: wwh Re: pendulous - 11/27/01 06:04 PM
Dear Faldage: Your meaning is well hidden from me.

Re: pendulous. There was an ancient joke about the most expensive practitioner in a commercial sex establishment She was called the radio girl. She was so pendulous.............answer by PM.

Posted By: wwh Re: pendulous - 11/27/01 06:30 PM
Pendulous - the condition in which an erstwhile peach of a pair needs increased sustenaculation.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Allow me to explain - 11/28/01 09:26 PM
Dr Bill,

I do believe Faldage is intimating that Sparteye's initial post sounds like something you would say.

Best regards,

the ad hoc interpreter

Posted By: wwh Re: Allow me to explain - 11/29/01 02:51 AM
Dear AnnaStrophic: Thank you for your kind enlightenment. But I assure you, I am completely ignorant of bra size designations. Nor am I a Hooters patron. And I shall refrain from making you regret your courtesy by any more ribaldry. At least not in this post. That old lecher, Bill PS it just occurred to me to wonder if there is any etymological connection between "lecher" and "leche" (French = baby beverage) My dictionary gives no support.

Well, just a tiny possible lick.

And my wife being deceased, in my most depraved moments I would not discuss her figure
Posted By: wwh Re: Pendulous - 11/29/01 02:56 AM
I do remember from waaaay back a classification of feminine pectoral region development of which the least complimentary term was "super droopers."

Posted By: Faldage Re: Pendulous - 11/30/01 02:21 PM
"super droopers."

I rest my case.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Milking it for all it's worth - 11/30/01 02:32 PM
etymological connection between "lecher" and "leche" (French = baby beverage)

Right word, wrong meaning, Dr. Bill.

The English "lecher" is indeed related to the French verb lécher and its noun form lécheur, but the verb means to lick; baby beverage is lait. The French word lèche also seems to be related.

Parm my French

Posted By: wwh Re: Milking it for all it's worth - 11/30/01 03:51 PM

Dear Faldage: have you never had a cup of cafe con leche?

http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/

Posted By: Faldage Re: Milking it for all it's worth - 11/30/01 07:48 PM
cafe con leche

'At's a whole nother langwidge, Dr. Bill. café au lait

¡Alguna vez, no uso el agua!

Posted By: wwh Re: Pendulous - 11/30/01 09:00 PM
Dear Faldage: would you believe I have seen a very valuable Holstein with a special canvas bra to keep her from stepping on her own nipples?

Posted By: emanuela leche - 12/01/01 06:42 AM
In fact, leche sounds spanish for milk - not french.

Posted By: Keiva Re: sources of leche - 12/01/01 03:59 PM
How to put this delicately, which being obscure?
In each species of mammal (that is, animals possessing mammary glands), with only two exceptions that I can think of, the male and the female do not significantly differ in the appearance of the mammary gland area. One of the two exceptions is "cattle", whose sexual dimorphism is, I presume, the non-natural result of selective breeding.

But in the other exceptional case, humans, this particular dimorphism is clearly not caused by selective breeding. What then was the evolutionary causation? Ladies, explain yourselves! It would seem to be, from a purely mechanical-engineering point of view, a severely inefficient construction.

or can anyone offer a third species of mammal exhibiting this dimorphism?

Posted By: Faldage Re: sources of leche - 12/01/01 05:54 PM
clearly not caused by selective breeding

Don't be too sure, Keiva.

Posted By: Faldage Re: leche - 12/01/01 05:59 PM
leche sounds spanish

Claro que sí.

Posted By: of troy anatomical differences - 12/01/01 07:37 PM
humans have a lot of them.. both males and females have "swollen" lips, compared to most other primates.. and our upright posture, it has been suggested, it what lead to the development of "secondary sexual signals" on our chest. (men get hair, women get enlarged breasts)

there are very few animals that are as fertile as humans.. the average women has 12 to 13 cycles per year..

and like a peacocks tail, some of these might have been a case of selective breeding.. in classic fairy tales, spinsters are not known for their beauty!

Posted By: consuelo Re: sources of leche - 12/02/01 02:31 AM
Most definately the goat.

Posted By: Keiva Re: anatomical differences - 12/02/01 05:43 AM
our upright posture, it has been suggested, it what lead to the development of "secondary sexual signals" on our chest

Interestingly, in a photograph of cleavage (if properly cropped to exculde extranious indicia), it can be very difficult to distinguish whether said cleavage is frontal or buttocks. I would google to provide examples for a url here, but my spouse might misconstrue the purely scientific purpose of such (g)oogling.

suggesting that human female (frontal) mammalia evolved as shape to mimic the posterity.

perhaps related to the fact that in humans, uniquely, the more typical (ahem) entry angle is frontal rather than posterier. which fact in turn perhaps relates to changes in pelvic structure need to accommodate the loadbearing stresses unique to bipedal rather than quadrapedal locomotion.

How's that for tasteful obscurantism?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: sources of leche - 12/02/01 07:00 AM
years ago I worked on a dairy farm. I had heard somewhere that the best milk comes from contented cows, so every morning I would tell jokes to our cows. the cows smiled and laughed, and they gave excellent milk, but the news got around and our cows became the laughing stock of the county.

-joe t. edwards

Posted By: Wordwind Re: pendulous - 12/03/01 11:35 PM
Here's something from Dr. Susan Love on the WAD weekly bulletin:

"Pendulous is a term used to literally mean hanging in medicine often.
It most often is referring to breasts. Sometimes, however, it refers to
abdominal fat or a pendulous panniculus!"

There's a bit of potential Dr. Seuss in that alliteration...

WW

© Wordsmith.org