Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Maverick began a thread a couple of days ago, which is under this category. But, I cannot see the thread title, and consequently I cannot get to the thread to read it. I've tried on two different computers. A search of Mav's posts also results in a display without a thread title. I see that it currently has 46 views and 4 replies. Could somebody repost the thread for me? And while we're at it - any guesses what's going on?

Thanks

addict
addict
Sparteye, getting to Mav's post apparently requires dogged stubbornness and a steady hand. What you can do is, on his subject line -where there is no subject-, put your cursor right at the left-hand end near the laughing message icon thingie. With a bit of moving it around, you will eventually see the arrow change to a wee hand... then CLICK!

Alternatively, you can go to the next thread and then click on the "previous thread" button... or go to the previous one and then click "next thread"...

As to why Mav chose to drive us all half to distraction with this ruse, one can only guess...

Marianna

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
friendship!"

Finally got in to the phantom thread, Sparteye, when three floating "Re: s" showed up on it. Let's just say it's of a spurious nature.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Well, it started as pulling tsuwm's leg over an empty wwftd post received a few moments before, since he was clearly suffering from oscitation So I wanted the appearance of an empty subject line... seems the coding of the board has still more features for us to explore

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear mav: your less talented admirers were painfully puzzled. And what in hell does "oscitation" mean?

P.S. Os`ci*ta"tion (?), n. [L. oscitatio: cf. F. oscitation.] The act of yawning or gaping. Addison.

old hand
old hand
The Good Doctor has yet to subscribe to wwftd, I see... tsuwm? Do you have a gift subscription feature on your site? I say we all chip in...

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
I like it - a worthless gift by subscription! Reminds me of a site I saw a while ago which proudly boasted:

FREE - and worth twice as much

Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Thank you all, for relieving my insatiable curiousity. Marianna, the previous/next strategy was just the ticket.

I have visited the promised land. Words fail me.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
maverick claims to have been pulling tsuwm's leg over an empty wwftd post received a few moments before, since he was clearly suffering from oscitation

well mav, next time you might want to make it just a little more obvious?! I was suffering from more than just oscitation by the time the word gods were done with me yesterday. not only was the first post inexplicably empty (and only for some), but the makeup post had a supererogatory stutter. {and this doesn't even consider the whipping I'm taking over the latest hogwash™ round.}

what has dr. bill done to deserve y'all's wrath? (who knows what today's post may bring down upon us?) [this week's theme being "acts of the gods" ]

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith