#71986 06/03/02 03:04 AM
M
milum Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
Hello......Anybody home?

I can't believe it? This place is like a tomb!

HHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLoooooooooOOOOOO!

I can't believe this. Just yesterday this place was a ginning little stop on the Seaboard circuit, with people laughing and singing and quoting obscure poems and sharing the worst jokes and puns yet spoken by the tongues of men beyond the age of five.
Great Snakes Alive! We were in the middle of a game of Hogwash. Hogwash!!!, for goodness sake!

And believe it or not twenty-eight people had just danced jigs and sang Hosannas celebrating the long sought return of the highly regarded "Fish" - on a bike for goodness sake.

CAN ANYONE HEAR ME? HELLOOOOO!

Geez! It's cold down here in Wordplay and Fun.
I wish I had worn more than just this raincoat. What good is a raincoat when there is no one left to flash?
And what good is it for Doc Bill to send in those great URL's if there is no one left to read? I just don't understand .

Why did everybody tuck tail and run? If General Lee had tucked tail and ran at Manassas the South would have lost the war...uh...what I mean is - sooner.

This reminds me of a story written by Ray Bradbury
( Hey I like this. Now I can ramble on and on without feeling that I'm offending the subject and time constraints of the self-considered elite formally of this board.)

It seems that one night in the late fifties all the black folk in the american south slipped off during the night and boarded rockets to take them to Mars in order to free themselves of the white man's oppression. This was not one of Bradbury's best stories, his point was that the southern white and the southern black were intra-culturally bound and the vacuum that was left by the blacks departure was a great tear in the fiber of southern culture. Yeah but, Bradbury, you miss the point, the dynamics of cultures are such that after a period of mourning, twenty million Mexicans, from across the border stood waiting to be oppressed. And romance, sad but true, is almost always subservient to economics.

That story always reminds me of my Uncle Wesley. When the army temporarily assigned a black truck driver to his unit during World War Two, Sargent Wesley said, "I ain't shooting no krauts while I got a negro in my outfit."

The army didn't shoot Uncle Wesley, but he spent the rest of the war in jail in France.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to join one of the off shoot groups if they will let me, but meanwhile I'll stay right here fighting the good fight against people who can't seem to comprehend the concept of absolution of transgressions and absolute love without qualification.

Oh Hell! Now I can't reach the "back" button to get out of here...Help...HELP!...
HELP!!!!
Somebody please.

#71987 06/03/02 03:58 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
Hey, Milum, you out there? What's this about an offshoot group? So, we ain't good enough for 'em?

BTW, don't fergit that Gen. Lee was the head man at West Point! Ironies abound, and our present one is just one of 'em. We'll live through it.

#71988 06/03/02 11:32 PM
A
addict
addict
A
Hey guys! Look up! I'm still here. I feel like a kid on the playground and all the other kids took their bats and balls and went home, and left me here. Look what I can do...I can run up the slide and climb down the ladder, and there's nobody here to tell me not to! But it's really not much fun all alone either.

Oh, what will we do?

#71989 06/04/02 01:40 AM
T
stranger
stranger
T
I have an idea Angel. You can call your friend Keiva, you know, the one that has so many friends and supporters, but they are afraid to say anything, 'cause all the bad posters will pick on them. Just like they pick on him. He can get all his friends to come out and play with you.

After all, all the bad people are gone. So it's safe for his friends to rally round, and post threads in support of his fine efforts here, to rid AWAD of all the bad people.

Oh,dear, did he forget to tell you? Most of his friends are imaginary. Too bad. You'll just have to create some imaginary friends for yourself. If you don't know how, ask Nancy, she's good at pretending, too.

Up from the ashes.

#71990 06/04/02 02:22 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
You'll just have to create some
imaginary friends for yourself.

So, you want us to play with ourselves?

Seriously, Phoenix, I'm not gonna sit idly by and watch all of Anu's hard work turn to ashes, regardless of the deceit, name calling, coercion, and general sturm und drang of late. Let's take a clue from your name and let this board rise from the ashes!

#71991 06/04/02 11:59 PM
K
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
K
The Pheonix [sic] says, "After all, all the bad people are gone."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers."
-- Charles Dickens, "The Old Curiosity Shop," 1841
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=54111

#71992 06/05/02 01:32 AM
G
old hand
old hand
G
If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers."
-- Charles Dickens, "The Old Curiosity Shop," 1841

This has to be the ULTIMATE lawyer joke! Helluva double-entendre!

#71993 06/05/02 04:42 AM
L
L
Well, now I can keep caught up without having to neglect my duties. (Maybe the only good thing about the exodus) I even had time to read your whole post, because there weren't posts elsewhere competing for my time.

#71994 06/05/02 09:31 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Ewein is really sorry, and she has made her apologies, and has learned her lesson. So I guess we’ll have to take her at her word. So what is her word? Is it worth taking her word for anything?

Well on April 30, she posted a thread, headed:
Good-bye
Posted by ewein (member)
Posted on Tue Apr 30 15:57:28 2002
For the good of the Board I see myself turning into a crabby old lady here!, I have decided to leave. Others have told me to forget about the unfairness on the board and to just post words.
Perhaps some people can do that, but I cannot.

And then she posted a good many more things, before posting on May 31,

Fri May 31 09:52:17 2002
This will be ewein's last post. I know; I have said that before.

And on June 4th, she posted
ewein
(member) Posted on Tue Jun 4 19:16:34 2002
For any of the oldtimers who are still lurking on this board (Pheonix?), I apologize for any hurt I have caused anyone by coming to this board with false assumptions. It was clearly a mistake--a mistake for which I have dearly paid. I am sorry. Nancy

While I have decided to no longer post on this board, I may return from time to time if comments concern me.

That last sentence is an interesting one, I have decide to no longer post here, followed by I may return from time to time if comments concern me.

So the answer is, ewein has made her last post, till she makes another one. Or in other words, what she said on April 30, and again on May 31, as part of long plea for forgiveness and understanding, to wit, This will be ewein's last post., is a meaningless statement.

And I apologize for any hurt I have caused anyone by coming to this board with false assumptions. She is sorry for coming to the board with false assumptions, but not for creating false assumptions. She sorry for what, thinking the worst of us? Is she sorry for lying to us? I don’t know, she doesn't say that.

So believe her, if you wish, when she says “I’m sorry” ‘cause this time, unlike the other times, she is telling the truth, and you can take her at her word..

I am sure she is telling the truth, her version of the truth, which is a very flexible, and only bears a passing resemblances to what most of know as the truth. For example, when she was challenged about knowing Keiva, and being partisan, she replied

ewein (newbie)
Posted on Fri Apr 12 22:28:36 2002
Just for the record, Keiva and I have never spoken via private messages, though I have spoken to many others that way. You seem kind of cute to me. Ewein

Which is perhaps true, but she failed to mention, that by private message, she meant the Private Message system here on AWAD– since she most assuredly had private conversations with Keiva, her husband, and she was most certainly biased on his behalf, as any wife would be.

So her answer, while technically ‘true’ is, in fact, a rather bold faced lie, a lie ewein repeated in several PM’s, (that is private messages send via the AWAD system) saying she was not related to Keiva, (well, she doesn’t share any DNA with him, that is true, but she and he are family), and that she didn’t know Keiva (my guess here is, she didn’t mean the biblical sense, since they do have several kids, meaning she does know him in at least one sense.)

Lots of people have been married to a spouse that they sometimes feel they ‘don’t know’ after 20 years of marriage. But ewein, consistently failed to mention that she was married to Keiva. I guess she didn’t think that fact was relevant, even if it was truthful. In her profile, now deleted, she claimed to be mid twenties, and living in Seattle, a good 1500 miles away from where she really lived.. She didn’t just leave her profile blank, she filled it with lies.

Ewein had no qualms about posting a line from Jackie’s private email on the board, but when Consuelo did the same thing, and posted a the contents of a private message she had receive from Keiva, then ewein had this to say :

An Appeal again.. April 29th
ewein (member)
Posted on Sun Apr 28 20:19:32 2002
I just don't get all this nastiness toward someone who was merely defending himself ...Re: Consuelo's for making something public that was said in anger in private...

That was just after Consuelo posted Keiva’s threat to nuke the board.

Ewein (member) Posted on Sat Jun 1 01:38:24 2002
..... However, I do need to say publicly that it was my decision to come to the board, and not Ken's. I certainly don't "take his side in any battle" or I wouldn't have started this thread.

An interesting statement .. But if you do a search by name on her name, you’ll find from day one, ewein has been a staunch supporter of Keiva, and did nothing but point out how wonderful he was, and how abused he was by other members of AWAD.

So, ewein, there are your words. Looking at them, I ask you, why should I believe a single word you state? Because this time you say you are telling the truth? Can I at least ask, which truth that is?

You started with your first post, lying about being home with a sick child. And you have rather consistently lied since then. But, now, in a sudden change of character, you are telling the truth.
Well, maybe, the truth, or sort of the truth, or something like the truth, or maybe be just something with the letter t in it.

Up from the ashes.

#71995 06/06/02 05:09 AM
E
E

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 583 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith