moray
n.
5Port moreia < L muraena, kind of fish < Gr myraina6 any of a family (Muraenidae, order Anguilliformes) of voracious eels of warm seas, characterized by brilliant coloring and found esp. among coral reefs: the Mediterranean moray is valued as a food fish In full moray eel

I have read stories about scuba divers who are insuffiently careful getting painful bites from moary eels.
“They have killed the Earl of Moray, and Lady Mondegreen……” Mis-heard lyric, sort of eponymic.
We had quite a few posts about mondegreens.

morbid
adj.
5L morbidus, sickly, diseased < morbus, disease < IE base *mer3, to rub, wear away, destroy > MARE3, L mortarium, OIr meirb, lifeless6
1 of, having, or caused by disease; unhealthy; diseased
2 resulting from or as from a diseased state of mind; esp., having or showing an unwholesome tendency to dwell on gruesome or gloomy matters
3 gruesome; grisly; horrible !the morbid details of a story"
4 of diseased parts; pathological !morbid anatomy"
5 [Rare] causing disease
morbidly
adv.
mor4bid[ness
n.

morbidity
n.,
pl. 3ties
1 state, quality, or instance of being morbid
2 the rate of disease or proportion of diseased persons in a given locality, nation, etc.

morbilli
n.pl.
5ML, pl. of morbillus, dim. of L morbus, disease6 early term for MEASLES

morcellement - dividing into pieces. Horror story of obstetrics a hundred years ago
when surgeon capable of doing a Ceasared section was not available, and dead infant was cut into pieces in utero to save mother’s life.

morosophist - no hits on search of Internet. Sound related to “sophomore” Here’s a very good discussion of “soohomore”:
http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/msophomore.html

morpheme
n.
5Fr morph\me < Gr morphc, form + Fr 3\me, as in phon\me, PHONEME6 the smallest meaningful unit or form in a language: it may be an affix (Ex.: un3 in undo or 3er in doer) or a base (Ex.: do in undo)
mor[phe$mic
adj.
mor[phe$mi[cal[ly
adv.
mortmain
n.
5ME morte-mayne < OFr mortemain < ML mortua manus, lit., dead hand < fem. of L mortuus, pp. of mori, to die (see MORTAL) + manus, hand: see MANUAL6
1 a transfer of lands or houses to a corporate body, such as a school, church, or charitable organization, for perpetual ownership
2 such ownership