Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: When George Raveling .. by endymion6 @ 49 seconds ago

RAVELLING L ---- > T ..played at St Michael's School for Boys in PA, he was never called for TRAVELING ..tho' he took significant steps later (E.G.,coaching b-ball at USC)
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - along the edges. by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:40 AM

C > V RAVELLING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: I remember.. by endymion6 @ Today at 11:29 AM

CLEARING + L ..when Peggy Wood played Mama RECALLING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Choice of connection by A C Bowden @ Today at 08:25 AM

INSULATE – INTANGIBLE It's important to insulate wires To guard against shocks, shorts and fires. With wireless (non-frangible, Safe and intangible) You can forget about pliers. SCHOLAR – SERENE
Miscellany
Jump to new posts Wanna go for a ride... by Cowboy_Monkey @ Today at 02:54 AM

You're in the roller-coaster's front car...feel that gear chain catch beneath your feet...Your hands, already stretched high over-head, get thrown backwards from the forward lurch. The train stretches, makes that noise couplings make. You're seat-ba
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Slog on, we'll get there.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

CLARINET T ---- > G ..just up ahead, there's a CLEARING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Smooth music by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

RETINAL + C CLARINET
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -of the eye by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 06:51 PM

-O RETINAL
Information and announcements
Jump to new posts Re: City/Town/Country....ending with "its" sound by Cowboy_Monkey @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

There once was a young man from Pullet, Who got shot in the head with a bullet. It first glanced off Fitzpatrick's shed, Then screamed pass Mary Elizabeth's bed. Little known beyond that right now, But the constable suspects his cow. Perhaps you mig
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts that changes everything by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 04:05 PM

INTEGRAL = ALTERING I'm just not sure I see the G --> O RELATION
Information and announcements
Jump to new posts Re: City/Town/Country....ending with "its" sound by Cowboy_Monkey @ Yesterday at 03:35 PM

So I guess the wanna-be town of Slap-Full, Alabama would be out of the running. Got its name from the hardware/grocery/gas station/post office that always had the shelves...slap-full. Hmmmm...ending with "its" sound... Collidits: A place so small,
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: I was totally at a loss.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 02:54 PM

INERTIAL I ---- > G ..when they asked me what part of synecdoche i didn't understand... INTEGRAL
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Re: Jealous Of, Happy For - How to use them together? by Cowboy_Monkey @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

"I'm so happy for you!" And yet...you feel that tugging-twinge of jealous at the same time. You hide a jealousy, simmering not far behind your smile. Hmmmm...Nothing a few drinks...a little time together will not make right. Feelwings...Nothing mo
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - a body at rest tends to stay at rest by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 12:59 PM

-Y INERTIAL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts all your ducks in a row by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

CERTINLY C --> I LINEARITY
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - In the middle, or going in circles. by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:35 AM

-t CERTAINLY
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts opisthotonus: whole body spasms, front and back by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 11:10 AM

OPISTHOGRAPH PRONUNCIATION: (o-PIS-thuh-graf) MEANING: noun: A text written on both front and back (of some parchment, papyrus, stone, etc.). ETYMOLOGY: From Greek opistho- (back) + -graph (writing). Earliest documented use: 1623. ________
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: In the middle by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 08:35 AM

CERTAINTY + L CENTRALITY
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: we need a new word for... by hogmaster @ Yesterday at 07:35 AM

hmm.. never mind.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: hogwash® rules(?) redux by Cowboy_Monkey @ Yesterday at 12:50 AM

I just realized the Hogmaster is a girl. That makes this sounder of swine a matriarchal sounder. Sounder is the name of a group of mature pigs. Pigs are very social; they form close ties to one another and are comforted by the close proximity of oth
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: hogwash® rules(?) redux by Cowboy_Monkey @ Yesterday at 12:12 AM

Master of the Hogs... For example, if the word logorrhea were to be used and the definition given: This one time, I was out hunting and man-o-man! Help me Jesus! Don't nothing travel faster than diarrhea... Before I could get my orange vest untied
Looking for (writers, speakers, ...)
Jump to new posts Re: Wergle Flomp Humor Poetry Contest (no fee) by Cowboy_Monkey @ 04/16/15 11:25 PM

Reckon I'll just practice here... If I was a bit more et-up with the dumbass, I'd enter the Clearing House Sweepstake. Although I have been kinda lucky at the dog races. The secret to winning: betting on the one that just took a dump...lighter, faste
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Poirot stated softly .. by endymion6 @ 04/16/15 09:43 PM

INTERACT + Y ..that by adding T and then Y to CERTAIN, we can be sure of one thing, Hastings CERTAINTY
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Mix it up together by wofahulicodoc @ 04/16/15 09:39 PM

CERTAIN Add T INTERACT
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: No doubts by A C Bowden @ 04/16/15 09:21 PM

TERTIAN T ---> C CERTAIN
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Forum Stats
8814 Members
16 Forums
13825 Topics
217409 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
Rudolph, Cowboy_Monkey, eptekar, Netkarma, blakey
8814 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
wofahulicodoc 71
LukeJavan8 68
endymion6 49
A C Bowden 33
Cowboy_Monkey 8
May 4
Tromboniator 2
Jackie 2
hogmaster 1
eptekar 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11613
tsuwm 10527
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
LukeJavan8 7182
AnnaStrophic 6511
Wordwind 6296
wofahulicodoc 5553
of troy 5400

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith