Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts -gender by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:33 AM

D > H HORMONE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts complete with staff by wofahulicodoc @ Today at 07:41 AM

MODERNE E --> O DOORMEN
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Art Deco architecture by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 07:05 PM

ENAMORED - A MODERNE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: some folks are just hard to convince... by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

LISSOM pr LISSIOME PRONUNCIATION: (LIS-uhm) MEANING: adjective: Agile; graceful. ETYMOLOGY: Alteration of lithesome, from Old English lithe (flexible, mild) + -some (having a particular quality). Earliest documented use: 1800. ___________
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts I love it! by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 02:26 PM

MEANDER add O ENAMORED
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -sashay, mosey and their ilk by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:11 AM

-R MEANDER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts often an appellate court by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 07:03 AM

MERGANSER G --> D REMANDER - which returns the case to a lower court for further consideration
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: some folks are just hard to convince... by Tromboniator @ Yesterday at 02:37 AM

INTRATABLE – Arthur's knights keep it among themselves.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: AND THEIR OFF! by Cowboy_Monkey @ 04/23/15 11:59 PM

SUM BEACH! Always missing something! I shoulda gone with hunting dogs chasing an electric coon. All local entries and two owners named Bubba. Have to call um Big Bubba and Little Bubba to avoid confusion. Coming to you over AM radio that can reach a
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Have you ever... by Cowboy_Monkey @ 04/23/15 10:39 PM

Have you ever noticed that wives who carry a few extra pounds always live longer than the husbands who mention it... This girl, a wacked-out vegetarian, swore up and down she knew me. Nope... Never seen herbivore.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts some folks are just hard to convince... by wofahulicodoc @ 04/23/15 09:31 PM

INTRACTABLE PRONUNCIATION: (in-TRAK-tuh-buhl) MEANING: adjective: Not easily handled, managed, or controlled. ETYMOLOGY: From Latin tractare (to handle), frequentative of trahere (draw). Earliest documented use: 1545. _______________________
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Groucho strikes again by wofahulicodoc @ 04/23/15 09:18 PM

[GERMANISER / R->E / MENAGERIES, only in Dusseldorf they call it TIERGARTEN] GERMANISER drip I MERGANSER (sometimes known as a "fish duck")
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Teutonic hegemonist by LukeJavan8 @ 04/23/15 07:33 PM

you cut it by one letter - good going
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Teutonic hegemonist by A C Bowden @ 04/23/15 06:49 PM

MALINGERERS - L GERMANISER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: AND THEIR OFF! by tsuwm @ 04/23/15 04:15 PM

>THEIR OFF.. I gotta go cut the grass. and while you're at it, gather yourself some apostrophes!
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts AND THEIR OFF! by Cowboy_Monkey @ 04/23/15 03:35 PM

Ladies and gentlemen! Racing continues here at Ad-Nausem Muttville Frowns. AND THEIR OFF....Semi Colon takes an early lead; Hyphen and EM are close behind in second. Comma, Period, Quotation and... WHOA NELLY! Exclamation wipes out in the first turn
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry, road closed by LukeJavan8 @ 04/23/15 11:24 AM

I've always liked 'cower', but I do like this better, thanks to your always inciteful suggestions for the inspiration.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry, road closed by wofahulicodoc @ 04/23/15 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: LukeJavan8KOUR --to hide in fear.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts too little and too late by wofahulicodoc @ 04/22/15 09:44 PM

but GENERALISM L-->E would have made MENAGERIES (I knew this place was going to the dogs)
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: One S or two? by A C Bowden @ 04/22/15 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: endymion6I think the senior HIspanic officer might have needed an 'S' too.. There is only one S in the Spanish spelling: GENERALÍSIMO.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts re. Maybe our new friend ... by endymion6 @ 04/22/15 06:11 PM

GENERALISM + R ..chimed in at an appropriate time MALINGERERS ..I think the senior HIspanic officer might have needed an 'S' too..
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Sorry, road closed by LukeJavan8 @ 04/22/15 12:20 PM

KOUR --to hide in fear.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -Spain's Francisco Franco by LukeJavan8 @ 04/22/15 12:18 PM

+O GENERALISMO Sorry, I think it would also need an "I". Go back to Generalism
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Sorry, road closed by wofahulicodoc @ 04/22/15 12:17 PM

DOUR PRONUNCIATION: (rhymes with tour; DOU-uhr) MEANING: adjective: Sullen; severe; gloomy; stubborn. ETYMOLOGY: Probably from Latin durus (hard). Earliest documented use: 1425. ___________________________ DROUR - your session with the p
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Nothing special by A C Bowden @ 04/22/15 12:09 PM

STREAMLINE T ---> G GENERALISM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Forum Stats
8816 Members
16 Forums
13829 Topics
217495 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
Gya, MichaelD, Rudolph, Cowboy_Monkey, eptekar
8816 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 62 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
wofahulicodoc 84
LukeJavan8 68
endymion6 43
Cowboy_Monkey 38
A C Bowden 34
Tromboniator 3
tsuwm 2
hogmaster 2
May 2
PGL 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11613
tsuwm 10528
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
LukeJavan8 7197
AnnaStrophic 6511
Wordwind 6296
wofahulicodoc 5574
of troy 5400

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith