Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by Tromboniator @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

ACERGATE Exam cheating scandal.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Rabbits, schnabbits, said pooh, still one of the cleverest on the site, from my opinion. Good going !
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts as I said 'yea, my liege' by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

M > B BOWING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: LukeJavan8 "It isn't brains, because You-know-why, Rabbit," said Pooh, "but it comes to me sometimes."
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Look sharp, feel sharp, be sharp by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 01:12 PM

ACERBATE PRONUNCIATION: (AS-uhr-bayt) MEANING: verb tr.: To irritate or to aggravate. ETYMOLOGY: From Latin acerbus (bitter). Ultimately from the Indo-European root ak- (sharp), which is also the source of acrid, vinegar, acid, acute, edge,
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts the grass is always greener... by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 01:00 PM

...on the other side of the fence... HOMING H --> W ...but at least I don't have to do the MOWING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -pigeon by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 12:28 PM

P > M HOMING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: In the doo-wop song.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 10:30 AM

HYPING Y ---- > O ..first he's dreamin', then he's HOPING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 01:20 AM

Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by wofahulicodoc @ 05/21/15 10:20 PM

espouse PRONUNCIATION: (i-SPOUZ) MEANING: verb tr.: 1. To adopt or support a cause, idea, belief, etc. 2. To take as spouse: marry. ETYMOLOGY: From Old French espouser, from Latin sponsare (to betroth), from sponsus (betrothed). Ultimately fr
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Emergency braking by A C Bowden @ 05/21/15 08:17 PM

My chance of survival was low When a street tramrail caught my shoe's toe; But although I was stuck, I had some good luck, For the trams on that day were quite slow. DIACONATE DIGHT
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -making a ruckus by LukeJavan8 @ 05/21/15 07:38 PM

T > H HYPING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Qwerty... by A C Bowden @ 05/21/15 07:10 PM

TINGLY L ---> P TYPING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -as is this, I think by LukeJavan8 @ 05/21/15 01:02 PM

S > L TINGLY
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: I'm just afraid this is a 're-run,' .. by endymion6 @ 05/21/15 12:38 PM

SAYING A ---- > T ..still, I'm so cheap with my time to go look up if STINGY were recently used
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -look, I'm just by LukeJavan8 @ 05/21/15 11:29 AM

L > S SAYING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Some who are comely&handsome.. by endymion6 @ 05/21/15 10:07 AM

PLYING P ---- > A .. epitomize this; I've tended toward the un- version GAINLY
Looking for (writers, speakers, ...)
Jump to new posts Re: looking for participants in a fun word association by Cowboy_Monkey @ 05/21/15 01:34 AM

CRAP! Like I put a dollar bill in a change machine and nothing came out.
Jump to new posts Re: "The Right Answer" + Why by Cowboy_Monkey @ 05/21/15 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: ebichuhamster"What is the cost?" If this question is asked without fail, one can escape sanity. Hello World. Cost is a made-up word...like money or food or sex or beer.
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for a name... by Cowboy_Monkey @ 05/21/15 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: twosleepyI'd like to tap the creative minds on this board for an ear-catching company name. Here is a description of the company: This company will design, manufacture and (maybe) distribute lighting products for residential an
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Baby Powder, Religious Gas...Plus a Mule and More by Cowboy_Monkey @ 05/20/15 11:43 PM

Why do they call baby powder baby powder? Grannies use the bulk of this magically scented dust. They're bigger, magnitudes bigger, especially in the buttocks. They can go through a shake-can or two per-week. Probably could use more in one "sprinkling
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by wofahulicodoc @ 05/20/15 10:37 PM

PARLAY PRONUNCIATION: (PAHR-lay) MEANING: verb tr.: 1. To use an initial asset to achieve something more valuable. 2. To gamble an initial stake and winnings on a subsequent bet, race, contest, etc. noun: A bet that uses the earlier bet and its
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -whiling away by LukeJavan8 @ 05/20/15 12:42 PM

-A PLYING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: whats 'on.. by endymion6 @ 05/20/15 12:31 PM

PRAYING R ---- > L ..at the movie house? Who's on first? PLAYING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Marvelous by LukeJavan8 @ 05/19/15 03:35 PM

EXIFY - to mark 'the spot' on a treasure map.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Forum Stats
8829 Members
16 Forums
13831 Topics
217653 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
ggia, dcfhnjrth, Angela, vishuma1954, Akella80
8829 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Jackie), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
LukeJavan8 64
endymion6 44
wofahulicodoc 42
Cowboy_Monkey 10
A C Bowden 7
Tromboniator 5
BranShea 1
tsuwm 1
May 1
T_V 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11613
tsuwm 10528
LukeJavan8 7257
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
AnnaStrophic 6511
Wordwind 6296
wofahulicodoc 5609
of troy 5400

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith