Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: If we can just get over this RIVER.. by endymion6 @ 37 minutes 43 seconds ago

RIVES + T ..our heads, and the rest of us, will be above water STRIVE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -splits by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:30 AM

-H RIVES
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: - - -painful by endymion6 @ Today at 11:25 AM

HIVES + R ..is as painful does; WIVES can be as, as HIVES...Oh, shouldn't've said that...Best go for SHRIVE, the thought of which makes me SHIVER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -painful by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:07 AM

W > H HIVES
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts in Merrie Windsor by wofahulicodoc @ Today at 08:25 AM

SWIVEL drop L WIVES
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: A game of Twister.. by endymion6 @ Today at 01:01 AM

SNIVEL N ---- > W ..always LIVENS the moment; maybe it's when and how you SWIVEL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts second cousin to cringe by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

INVEST T --> L SNIVEL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -with money by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

F > V INVEST
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: The place .. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

FINITE I ---- > S ..is bugged INFEST
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - not forever by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

-R FINITE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: your use ... by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

TINIER + F ..of green was better than anything I might do; truly NIFTIER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -St. Pat's Day:Leprachauns by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:51 AM

-G TINIER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts I'm getting tired of Christmas by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Let's try another holiday for the moment. Independence Day, say. RESTING S --> I IGNITER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - - - sugarplums and all that by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

T > R RESTING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Casey... by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 09:00 AM

GLISTEN L ---- > T ..STENGEL used to LISTEN for the P-A guy to say TESTING ..one, two..
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts It's still Greek to me ! by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM

LION'S SHARE PRONUNCIATION: (LY-uhnz shair) MEANING: noun: The largest part of something. ETYMOLOGY: From the Aesop's fable in which the lion claimed all of the spoils instead of sharing with other animals who took part in the hunt. Earliest
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts no snow yet around here, but... by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 06:59 AM

TENSILE E --> G ...picture the icicles sparkling GLISTEN
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: It's Greek to me ! by Tromboniator @ Yesterday at 04:19 AM

WHO'S WHOA - The question that gives rise to the answer, "Whoa is me!"
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Re: Is the dictionary authoritative or descriptive? by Tromboniator @ Yesterday at 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: wofahulicodoc Who you gonna believe, me or some strange dictionary? On the question of disinterested vs. uninterested, I'm sticking with you. Come to think of it, I'm with you on gourmand, too, but that may be from a French
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Stille Nacht by endymion6 @ 12/18/14 11:50 PM

SILENT + E ..schlaf' in himmlischer Ruhe..or whatever..i don't have the strength TENSILE
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Is the dictionary authoritative or descriptive? by wofahulicodoc @ 12/18/14 10:41 PM

"Gourmet," maybe. Or "epicure." But not gourmand. A gourmand is supposed to have an utterly undiscriminating appetite; he'll eat anything, any time, with gusto but no palate, no appreciation whatsoever of any finer sensibilities. (Noodling abo
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts It's Greek to me ! by wofahulicodoc @ 12/18/14 10:20 PM

WHO'S WHO PRONUNCIATION: (hooz hoo) MEANING: noun 1. A reference work containing concise biographical sketches of well-known people. 2. Well-known people in a particular profession, region, etc. ETYMOLOGY: The first Who's Who was published in
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Stille Nacht by wofahulicodoc @ 12/18/14 10:11 PM

What kind of Night did you say that was? LINTELS drop L SILENT (drop the other L and it's still Christmas - "no L" !)
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re:I'd've guessed a different word.. by endymion6 @ 12/18/14 07:01 PM

TINSELS S ---- > L ..but as it's Christmas, it's ESSENTIAL that we bear the load LINTELS
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Re: Words that mean good at something by LukeJavan8 @ 12/18/14 04:57 PM

Gourmand - tasting, maybe.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Forum Stats
8769 Members
16 Forums
13814 Topics
216159 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
Rupak, DeathCake, malagachica, Jamie, pr3sedentedonut
8769 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (endymion6), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
LukeJavan8 104
endymion6 103
wofahulicodoc 96
AlimaeHP 14
Tromboniator 11
BranShea 2
tsuwm 2
Storymom 1
sleeper54 1
wsieber 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11610
tsuwm 10525
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
LukeJavan8 6788
AnnaStrophic 6511
Wordwind 6296
of troy 5400
BranShea 5284

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith