Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - don't tell me what I mean, let me do it alone by LukeJavan8 @ 7 minutes 20 seconds ago

UNFIRED N > G FIGURED
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts IMPECUNIOUS by jenny jenny @ Today at 09:22 AM

impecunious PRONUNCIATION: (im-pi-KYOO-nee-uhs) MEANING: adjective: Having little or no money. ETYMOLOGY: From Latin im- (not) + pecunia (money), from pecus (cattle). Ultimately from the Indo-European root peku- (wealth), which also gave us fe
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: A bombax word for Tuesday: BOMBASTIC by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 06:14 PM

BOMBTASTIC - you da bomb, bro
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts sowing my wild oast by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 04:15 PM

FREUDIAN E-->A to UNAFRAID might well be a dead end, but drop A UNFIRED is what my pots are before they go into the kiln (at least they still have a job...)
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: My slip is showing.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 10:23 AM

FUNDRAISE - S FREUDIAN Hope I didn't send us down another dead-end strasse
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Many mettle-testers.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 10:02 AM

FOUNDRIES O ---- A ..are people who like to FUNDRAISE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: A bombax word for Tuesday: BOMBASTIC by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 09:44 AM

BOMBATTIC - the IED assembly line is upstairs under the roof BIMBASTIC - acting like a floozy, and proud of it, too (see also BOOBASTIC and BOMBUSTIC)
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts showing our mettle by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 09:35 AM

UNIFORMED M-->S FOUNDRIES
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: That's a roger... by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

CONFIRMED C ---- > U ..said the one who was UNIFORMED Let's do it one at a time ...
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts A bombax word for Tuesday: BOMBASTIC by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 07:32 AM

bombastic PRONUNCIATION:(bom-BAS-tik) MEANING: adjective: Pompous or pretentious (in speech or writing). ETYMOLOGY: From Old French bombace (cotton padding), from Latin bombax (cotton). Earliest documented use: 1704. -------------------------
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: That's a roger... by endymion6 @ 04/21/14 11:27 PM

CORNFIELD L ---- > M CONFIRMED
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Water table spider table...uh...Oh yeah!... by jenny jenny @ 04/21/14 10:25 PM

TRAP TABLE - what a crap table really is.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts water, water everywhere by wofahulicodoc @ 04/21/14 09:15 PM

FRAC-TABLE - all you need to do to get the petroleum derivatives into the drinking water
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: The TRACTABLE will find this post by Tromboniator @ 04/21/14 06:41 PM

ARACTABLE - A piece of furniture consisting of a horizontal surface supported by eight legs.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts The TRACTABLE will find this post traceable by jenny jenny @ 04/21/14 05:30 PM

Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Becalmed by wofahulicodoc @ 04/21/14 02:37 PM

I have something in mind; give me a little while to work on it...
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts ...as high as an eloephant's eye by wofahulicodoc @ 04/21/14 02:34 PM

CONFIDER Oh, the L with it! CORNFIELD (but I think we'd better start cutting down after this)
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Becalmed by LukeJavan8 @ 04/21/14 01:02 PM

Nor do I.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -secret keeper by LukeJavan8 @ 04/21/14 12:37 PM

+D CONFIDER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: everybody likes someone.. by endymion6 @ 04/21/14 09:20 AM

PORCINE P ---- > F who PINES for him/her ... CONIFER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts everybody likes bacon by wofahulicodoc @ 04/21/14 08:37 AM

Well, almost everyone, anyway. CORNIER R-->C PORCINE ...went "Whee!!" all the way home.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts TRACTABLE describes human robots not us. by jenny jenny @ 04/21/14 12:52 AM

tractable PRONUNCIATION: (TRAK-tuh-buhl) MEANING:adjective: Easily handled, managed, or controlled. ETYMOLOGY: From Latin tractare (to handle), frequentative of trahere (draw). Earliest documented use: 1504. USAGE:"'I don't want to go there,'
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Becalmed by Tromboniator @ 04/21/14 12:23 AM

I'm sorry, but NAZIFY took the wind out of my sails. I can't seem to find anything clever there.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - which clown is by LukeJavan8 @ 04/20/14 10:22 PM

+I CORNIER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Who's on first? by endymion6 @ 04/20/14 08:52 PM

ENCORE E ---- > R I don't know what's around the CORNER
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Forum Stats
8687 Members
16 Forums
13783 Topics
213050 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
sa'a, csmoore, Jane Luckner, anjela, MR LOGOPHILE
8687 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (LukeJavan8), 35 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
wofahulicodoc 76
LukeJavan8 58
endymion6 57
jenny jenny 50
Tromboniator 12
Faldage 5
MR LOGOPHILE 1
csmoore 1
Mercur10 1
Jane Luckner 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith