Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Few things speak gerbilish like a ... by jenny jenny @ 39 minutes 55 seconds ago

GERBIL ...and few things are fibber than a woman (g to b) LIBBER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Few things are smaller.. by endymion6 @ Today at 01:56 PM

BIGGER G ---- > L ..than your GERBIL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -some smaller, some by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 01:27 PM

D > B BIGGER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: For that to happen... by endymion6 @ Today at 01:24 PM

BRIDGE B ---- > G ..the contest'd have to be RIGGED
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -e.g. Brooklyn, Golden Gate by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 01:22 PM

If ye be an insect, it be a butterfly. +B BRIDGE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Being a minute sooner made me feel an insect.. by endymion6 @ Today at 01:18 PM

MIDGE M ---- > R ..but we forge on; meanwhile, my 'fave' song genre is still the DIRGE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -minute insect by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:30 AM

You beat me by five seconds, but it had not yet been sent to me as yet, gimlet was still there, you lucky guy.... -T MIDGE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re:In the film 'The War Lords' a bad guy ... by endymion6 @ Today at 11:25 AM

GIMLET L ---- > D ...referred as 'Sir Flea' to a character that was a MIDGET
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - -spring brings snow.. by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:25 AM

+N MELTING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Turn around...now! by jenny jenny @ Today at 09:04 AM

Wasted years wasted years It's too late to turn back now Turn around turn around love is calling It's calling you from a life of wasted years Bobby Carlton Davis
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: joke by Bazr @ Today at 07:42 AM

Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Officer asks a young engineer fresh out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, "And what starting salary are you looking for?" The engineer replies, "In the region of $125,000 a year, de
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: may have been around in my h.s. days........ by endymion6 @ Today at 07:40 AM

GIBLET B ---- > M ..but 'way too strong for me ... GIMLET
Loanwords from German
Jump to new posts Re: your face is familiar...... by Faldage @ Today at 06:21 AM

It has expanded to mean someone with the same name.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: A harbinger of things gone by Bazr @ Today at 02:16 AM

HARBUNGER - the war cry of the Koomananga tribe.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts A harbinger of things gone by jenny jenny @ Today at 01:05 AM

harbinger PRONUNCIATION: (HAHR-bin-juhr) MEANING: noun: One that foreshadows the approach of something. verb tr.: To signal the arrival of something. ETYMOLOGY: Originally, a harbinger was a host, a person who provided lodging. With time t
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts chicken man........ by Bazr @ Today at 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: LukeJavan8-A BELTING .......back in my high school days!! BELTING - N GIBLET
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - - -whipping by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

-A BELTING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts bit of an accent by Bazr @ Yesterday at 08:57 PM

“Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!” ― B____ C_______
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: A.H., huh? Mmm....I GOT IT! by Bazr @ Yesterday at 08:51 PM

You get the brownie points jenny j. Well done!
Loanwords from German
Jump to new posts your face is familiar...... by Bazr @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

doppelgänger/doppelganger (Deutsche r Doppelgänger) - "double goer" - a ghostly double, look-alike, or clone of a person.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts A.H., huh? Mmm....I GOT IT! by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 08:45 PM

THE HEIL-LOs: The Fuhrer is causing a furor! He's got those Russians on the run You gotta love that wacky hun! The Fuhrer is causing a furor They can't say "no" to his demands They're freaking out in foreign lands He's got the whole world in his hand
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts maybe some truth in this..... by Bazr @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

“And I can fight only for something that I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know.” Adolf Hitler
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: No two entities in the Universe are equal by Bazr @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: jenny jenny The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against oth
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: No two entities in the Universe are equal by olly @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Englebert Humperdink. Sorry, I felt compelled.
Miscellany
Jump to new posts Re: aussie slang by Bazr @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

He's got tickets on himself - highly self opinionated, thinks they are just great
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Forum Stats
8715 Members
16 Forums
13801 Topics
214464 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
mepallav, discopig, Byz, EdithBraemar, sherilla
8715 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (terpy), 41 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
Bazr 114
LukeJavan8 87
wofahulicodoc 85
endymion6 83
jenny jenny 62
A C Bowden 35
Tromboniator 8
Faldage 4
olly 3
zmjezhd 2
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13800
Jackie 11609
tsuwm 10513
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
AnnaStrophic 6511
LukeJavan8 6304
Wordwind 6296
of troy 5400
BranShea 5282

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith