Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Shine a little light ... by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

OBSCENE E ---- > A BEACONS
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Say Caliban, a good cursing is better than talk by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

Quite rightly.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Well Caliban, good cursing is better than nothing by Tromboniator @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

I naturally neglected "nattering nabobs of negativism" as notoriously nefarious.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Well Caliban, good cursing is better than nothing by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 07:08 PM

Not to mention "nattering nabobs". Ah Spiro, those were the days. Happy times before nattering nabobs of negativism were held in a bad light. Today just saying the three N words will get you on the hate speech List.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Well Caliban, good cursing is better than nothing by Tromboniator @ Yesterday at 05:00 PM

PROSPIRO - Opposed to pusillanimous pussyfooters.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts I hear Old Man Bowdler coming by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

This is a family Board, you know. EBONIES I-->C OBSCENE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Well Caliban, good cursing is better than nothing by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

PROSERO - (prose about Prospero) You taught me language; and my profit on't Is, I know how to curse. The red plague rid you For learning me your language! Caliban is denouncing Prospero for teaching ("learning") him his language, decl
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - sunny, warm in Great Plains by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 12:09 PM

PROSPEROT filthy lucre.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts : let's stain it black...which shade? by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

Z > S EBONIES
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: let's stain it black... by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

BENZINE N ---- > O EBONIZE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts It's raining on Good Friday in good Mississippi by jenny jenny @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

PROSHERO - Golf: Bubba Watson
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts TFIF by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 08:46 AM

PROSPERO PRONUNCIATION: (PROS-puh-roh) MEANING: noun: Someone who is capable of influencing others' behavior or perceptions without their being aware of it. ETYMOLOGY: After Prospero, the deposed Duke of Milan and a magician, in Shakespeare's
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts no fuel like an old fuel... by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 08:27 AM

DENIZEN D-->B BENZINE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: how would you describe Dumbledore? by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 02:13 AM

WIZENED W .... > N and, by the way, who's down there? ..nobody, but us Dweebs...and Chaz Dean, and then there's Paula with 2 e's(WhoGnu?) and the rest of us who just got off DasBoot from Zweden with Anna (the Aunt Zest-or? of Kris?) Christie)...
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts how would you describe Dumbledore? by wofahulicodoc @ 04/17/14 09:56 PM

ENDWISE S-->Z WIZENED, of course!
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts No, Tommorrow is yesterday down under. by jenny jenny @ 04/17/14 07:22 PM

FROMEO - the answer to the question "Who was the real Shakespeare and from whence were the plays written "? Spoiler Content Spoiler Content
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -magnets' attractions? by LukeJavan8 @ 04/17/14 07:11 PM

+ I ENDWISE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Yes, but where? by wofahulicodoc @ 04/17/14 06:38 PM

ENSUED U-->W SWEDEN, of course
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: What followed ... by endymion6 @ 04/17/14 03:07 PM

NURSED R ---- > E ENSUED
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts It's a good thing tommorrow is Friday by wofahulicodoc @ 04/17/14 01:55 PM

AROMEO - an Alternative Medicine practice that makes no scents ROOMEO - the Elizabethan equivalent of "POSSLQ" * ROAMEO - a Don Giovanni BROMEO - I'm getting an upset stomach from all this Shakespeare. * viz
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -back to health by LukeJavan8 @ 04/17/14 11:18 AM

-A NURSED
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: You mean he made a noise again? by endymion6 @ 04/17/14 08:32 AM

RESOUND O ---- > A He did ...and he was more discrete, rather than discreet, about it... ASUNDER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Where you at Romeo? by Tromboniator @ 04/17/14 02:21 AM

ROMEON A subatomic particle with charm.
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Where you at Romeo? by jenny jenny @ 04/17/14 12:40 AM

Romeo PRONUNCIATION:(RO-mee-o) MEANING: noun: A man who is a passionate lover or seducer. ETYMOLOGY: After Romeo, the hero in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Earliest documented use: 1566. ------------------------------------------------ ROME
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts You mean he made a noise again? by wofahulicodoc @ 04/16/14 09:43 PM

SNORTED R-->U RESOUND
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Forum Stats
8686 Members
16 Forums
13783 Topics
213020 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
csmoore, Jane Luckner, anjela, MR LOGOPHILE, PlayRiter
8686 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (jenny jenny), 32 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
wofahulicodoc 79
LukeJavan8 60
endymion6 56
jenny jenny 50
Tromboniator 11
Faldage 5
MR LOGOPHILE 1
csmoore 1
Mercur10 1
JTaz 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith