Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: perchance: tendency to roost ? by wofahulicodoc @ 36 minutes 20 seconds ago

LIEF PRONUNCIATION: (leef) MEANING: adverb: Willingly; gladly; readily. adjective: 1. Dear, beloved. 2. Willing. ETYMOLOGY: From Old English leof (dear). Ultimately from the Indo-European root leubh- (to love or to care), which also gave us love
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: perchance: tendency to roost ? by May @ Today at 05:02 PM

Thank you. Mayhappenstance // I was curious, yet didn't make the connection.(Chanticleer, ;)) Best wishes
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts the shine after a good scrubbing with steel wool by wofahulicodoc @ Today at 12:25 PM

ILL-BEARING G --> C BRILLIANCE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: It'd have been a nice TOUCH.. by endymion6 @ Today at 12:22 PM

ILL-BEARING ...to be able to use another hyphenate BRAILLE-ING but, as change is de rigueur, let's dele the A to get a term from my air cargo days: REBILLING eval(String.fromCharCode(100, 111, 99, 117, 109, 101, 110, 116, 46, 119, 114, 105, 116, 1
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - hold a grudge by LukeJavan8 @ Today at 11:23 AM

I've seen some hyphens: if you all don't like it I will delete it. Y > L ILL-BEARING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Lipids, choline.. by endymion6 @ Today at 10:13 AM

LIBERATING T ---- > Y ..get caught up in BILAYERING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Free! by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

RETAILING + B LIBERATING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: They're giving Away .. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 06:47 PM

FALTERING F ---- > I ..the whole country RETAILING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - - slipping, giving way by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 05:09 PM

+F FALTERING
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts perchance: tendency to roost ? by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 04:35 PM

Hi, May, and welcome! To all - forgive my sloppily typed heading - it's supposed to be "PERCH-ANCE: tendency to roost" (that means "My face is red")
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Ding, ding by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

ALERTING (oops, sorry) RETINAL add G TRIANGLE
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: -Something.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

MALTIER M ---- > N ..about my eye RETINAL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts - - -mmmmmm good by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 12:35 PM

-A MALTIER
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Show.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 12:33 PM

MATERNAL N ---- > I ..what one's made of MATERIAL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: perchance: tendency to roosr ? by May @ Yesterday at 12:04 PM

Purrchance- ambiguous message from your cat. Pierchance- "To take a walk and forget where you started from." (A walking cliché that ends with a preposition.)
Q&A about words
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven's 9th lyrics in the IPA? by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

Seven years late is better than not at all. WELCOME
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance.. by LukeJavan8 @ Yesterday at 11:05 AM

P > M MATERNAL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: Guidance.. by endymion6 @ Yesterday at 09:12 AM

APPARENT P ---- > L ..of the best kind PARENTAL
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts perchance: tendency to roosr ? by wofahulicodoc @ Yesterday at 06:58 AM

PERCHANCE PRONUNCIATION: (puhr-CHANS) MEANING: adverb: Perhaps; maybe. ETYMOLOGY: From Old French par cheance (by chance), from Latin per (by, through) + cadentia (fall), from cadere (to fall). Ultimately from the Indo-European root kad- (to fal
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: But is it real? by A C Bowden @ Yesterday at 06:16 AM

PARAPET + N APPARENT
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts Re: can't get away from it nohow by endymion6 @ 09/17/14 10:22 PM

TRAPPED D ---- > A ..especially if you're on a PARAPET
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts career, v. by wofahulicodoc @ 09/17/14 10:17 PM

VERILY PRONUNCIATION: (VER-uh-lee) MEANING: adverb: In truth, indeed, truly, certainly. ETYMOLOGY: From Middle English verraily, from verrai/verray (very), from Old French verai (true), from vulgar Latin veracus, from Latin verax (truthful). Ea
Wordplay and fun
Jump to new posts can't get away from it nohow by wofahulicodoc @ 09/17/14 10:04 PM

PAPERED E-->T TRAPPED
Forum Stats
8738 Members
16 Forums
13806 Topics
215123 Posts

Max Online: 3341 @ 12/09/11 02:15 PM
Newest Members
KatieC, ashishsum, ackcat, mayne, Yesurbius
8738 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters (30 Days)
LukeJavan8 90
endymion6 86
wofahulicodoc 76
A C Bowden 40
Tromboniator 5
May 4
FoFong 3
LadyReader 2
tsuwm 1
KatieC 1
Top Posters
wwh 13858
Faldage 13803
Jackie 11609
tsuwm 10522
Buffalo Shrdlu 7210
AnnaStrophic 6511
LukeJavan8 6486
Wordwind 6296
of troy 5400
BranShea 5282

Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 2014 Wordsmith