Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Wordwind L A R G O - 04/19/02 07:02 PM
Is this server slowing down?

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: L A R G O - 04/19/02 11:08 PM
I had a problem getting into AWAD this afternoon, WW. It just wouldn't load all the way. And I guess there's no way I'm gonna get out of this statement without some sort of cutsie reply from the board, huh? [disarming-by-expectation-e]

The Only WO'N!
Posted By: wwh Re: L A R G O - 04/19/02 11:46 PM
I had a number of waits elsewhere as well as here. Had to use End Task several times.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: L A R G O - 04/20/02 01:05 PM
(i'd hate to disappoint, Juan)

"I had a problem getting in...It just wouldn't load all the way.... [disarming-by-expectation-e]"

Rhetorically speaking, this would be prolepsis ~ but could this term be extended to include anticipation (and by extension, disposal--or at least softening) of ribbing chortle, as opposed to argument (as prolepsis would generally indicate)?

there are so many wonderful words ~ rhetorical and otherwise ~ pertaining to argumentation. i think i'll start a thread (in the appropriate forum, bien sur) with a couple of my favorites, and see where it leads

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: L A R G O - 04/20/02 07:28 PM
Rhetorically speaking, this would be prolepsis ~ but could this term be extended to include anticipation (and by extension, disposal--or at least softening) of ribbing chortle, as opposed to argument (as prolepsis would generally indicate)?

So, in other words, a prolapse of the proleg can lead to a proliferation of prolegomena?...hmmm...
Yeah, I can see that...I get'cha.

And who's you-know-who?

The Only WO'N!
© Wordsmith.org