Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Father Steve Not funny! - 03/08/06 11:55 PM
When I log-in to the Board (which is frequently, because of the glitch about which I have whigned previously), I used to be able to type in just the letter F and a drop-down menu would offer "Father Steve" as my log-in name. Then I musta made a mistake one day and accepted "F" as my log-in name, which did not allow me to access the Board, because then, when I typed in just "F" I got a drop-down menu which offered two possibilities: "F" and "Father Steve." That was a tolerable state of affairs, requiring me to type in "Fa" in order to get just "Father Steve" as an offered log-name. Then, one day, I musta made another mistake and accepted "Fa" as my log-in name, which did not allow me to access the Board, because then, when I typed in "Fa" I was offered two possibilities: "Fa" and "Father Steve." Do you see where this is going? Now, in order to get to the right name on the drop-down menu, I must type in "Fat" and there is absolutely nothing funny about that.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: Not funny! - 03/09/06 12:00 AM
I'm sorry, Father Steve, you must learn to accept it.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Not funny! - 03/09/06 01:45 AM
Maybe not. Usta be that you could highlight a name, hit Delete, and it would disappear.

One of the things *I would like to see is for any name I send a PM to to be automatically added to my address book, instead of me having to 'specially check the box.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Not funny! - 03/09/06 01:46 AM
Quote:

… there is absolutely nothing funny about that.

You're right there. The funniness is all nicely centrally located.

All seriousness aside, when you get the pull down menu, you mouse down to the proper choice and click.
Posted By: Sparteye Re: Not funny! - 03/10/06 02:06 AM
But ... but ....

He doesn't want to have to pull down the menu and click and all that; that would be waaay to much work, wouldn't it, Fats ... er, Father Steve?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Not funny! - 03/10/06 02:12 AM
[snort]
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Not funny! - 03/10/06 06:02 AM
"As everyone knows, the noun 'diet' comes from the verb 'to die'." ~ Art Buchwald
Posted By: Faldage Re: Not funny! - 03/10/06 10:07 AM
Quote:

But ... but ....

He doesn't want to have to pull down the menu and click and all that; that would be waaay to much work, wouldn't it, Fats ... er, Father Steve?

He has to do that anyway. He just doesn't want the mental agony of having more than one choice, I guess.
Posted By: Jackie Re: Not funny! - 03/10/06 01:20 PM
Father Steve, did the highlight-and-delete thing work?
Posted By: Father Steve The Sweet Smell of Success - 03/10/06 01:43 PM
Yes, indeed, the "delete" function worked, not only on this Board's log-in thingie but on the similarly-marred log-in thingies of several other websites to which I have controlled access. Many thanks!

Skinny
© Wordsmith.org