Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wow Trickt test - 04/05/05 01:14 PM
http://www.risingstarkaraoke.com/monday_test.html

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Trickt test - 04/05/05 02:07 PM
10 for 11. I shoulda taken two tablets...

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Trickt test - 04/05/05 02:18 PM
betcha missed the same one I did.

Posted By: of troy Re: Trickt test - 04/05/05 02:21 PM
that one got me to eta--and the baseball one.. half right there.. but then, sports is not my best subject.

Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Trickt test - 04/05/05 02:52 PM
11/11 babeeeeee

Posted By: Faldage Re: Trickt test - 04/06/05 01:16 AM
They said I got the marrying one wrong. If it isn't illegal then it is legal. And if there isn't a law against it it isn't illegal. And I don't know if there's a law against it. So I was right to say, "I don't know." So I'm claiming 11/11.

Posted By: Dgeigh Re: Trickt test - 04/06/05 02:58 AM
11/11 I almost supposed erroneously, but I caught it -- whew!

I don't quite get the love life determination though.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Trickt test - 04/06/05 09:32 AM
Plus the baseball one, technically, has four potential right answers, depending on the inning.

Also the sheep one (was it sheep?) didn't have the sucker answer in the choices. What was with *that?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Trickt test - 04/13/05 01:13 AM
Your Score: 11 out of 11
Your Rating: Only 3 people have ever scored this high

Now Here's the Twist;
Your answers not only can tell your current intelligence,
but the combination can also forcast your upcoming love life:

Your Projected Love Life: Your Love Life may bloom soon

??

Posted By: boronia Re: Trickt test - 04/13/05 04:16 PM
10/11 - cuz I don't know nothin' 'bout baseball!!!

And how the heck did it KNOW that my love life is mediocre?!?! Absolutely AMAZING!

Posted By: Bingley Re: Trickt test - 04/15/05 07:16 AM
10/11. The one I got wrong was the one about how many outs there are an innings. Wouldn't it depend on the relative skill of the batsman and the bowler? It could be anywhere from 0 to 6.

Bingley
Posted By: Faldage Re: Trickt test - 04/15/05 10:31 AM
how many outs there are an innings

Ahem. It wasn't "how many outs there are an innings", it was "how many outs there are an inning'. Note the singular form.

Posted By: Elizabeth Creith Re:inning/innings - 04/15/05 12:01 PM
I'm a spinnner, and the yarn that is initially spun from the fibre is called a singles, not a single. Two singles (the plural and singular are the same, like "sheep"; is this a wool thing maybe?) twisted together makes a two-ply yarn - three is three-ply, etc.

Posted By: Bingley Re: Trickt test - 04/15/05 12:14 PM
I did notice the lack of an 's' but assumed it was a typo.

Bingley
Posted By: belMarduk Re: Trickt test - 04/15/05 10:41 PM
11/11 here but I also got the "only three people" comment - they should change that.

Posted By: Faldage Re: Trickt test - 04/15/05 11:04 PM
assumed it was a typo

Well, irregardless of whether or not, etc., Where do you get 0 to 6? Isn't it more like 0 to 10?

Posted By: wofahulicodoc write our own - 05/05/05 02:27 PM
Me too, 11 for 11. ...and, in spite of all our sterling perfection, it _still_ says "Only 3 people have ever scored this high..."

They left out some other rusty old saws:

12) On its maiden flight from London to Washington, DC, a giant new Airbus with 830 people on board crashes into the Atlantic Ocean. Where do they bury the survivors?
-- [Don't Know? London? Washington? Paris? At sea? Somewhere else?]

13) A train leaves from New York City and heads West at 100 miles an hour, and simultaneously on the same track another train heads East from San Francisco at 60 mph, Assume the two cities are exactly 3,200 miles apart, and there are no stops or delays along the way. How far apart will the trains be when they meet?
--[Don't know? 2,000 miles? 1,200 miles? 0 miles? 20 hours?]

14) A barn is aligned perfectly North and South, and a rooster is perched exactly at the top of the roof facing East. It lays an egg on the peak. The wind is blowing from the West at 10 mph. Down which side of the roof will the egg roll (*)?
--[Don't Know? South Side? East Side? West Side? All around the town?]
*Now be serious, and don't go distracting yourself by making silly Chinese Restaurant puns!

Posted By: Saranita Re: Trickt test - 05/05/05 03:57 PM
10 out of 11
I protest on the apple question that it's unclear, but if someone else says I knew from the title I was being "trickt" and should have known not to go with the obvious answer, I guess I couldn't in good conscience argue with their contrary and argumentative self.

Posted By: Faldage Re: write our own - 05/05/05 10:11 PM
14) A barn is aligned perfectly North and South, and a rooster is perched exactly at the top of the roof facing East. It lays an egg on the peak. The wind is blowing from the West at 10 mph. Down which side of the roof will the egg roll (*)?
--[Don't Know? South Side? East Side? West Side? All around the town?]

Make it a peacock and you might get more suckers.

Posted By: wofahulicodoc I know I said it, but... - 05/15/05 07:13 PM
Even so. As I recall, what's supposed to hatch out of a rooster egg is a cockatrice. A.k.a. Basilisk, last heard from within the Chamber of Secrets deep below Hogwarts...

© Wordsmith.org