Wordsmith.org
Posted By: dalehileman Green survey - 03/09/06 05:16 PM
I am conducting another perfectly serious psycho-linguistic survey, the purpose of which however I cannot reveal without affecting the results. The following exchange takes place between two newcomers. What strikes you about it

Thread: Do you like forest green cars

Followup: No but Mary does. Perhaps that's one of the reasons she won't let me drive her Explorer

Edited to change "bright" to "forest"

PS: I am dalehileman@verizon.net
Posted By: maverick Re: Green survey - 03/09/06 05:20 PM
> What strikes you about it

It's not very interesting?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/09/06 05:23 PM
some missing punctuation?
Posted By: Jackie Re: Green survey - 03/09/06 05:38 PM
What eta said.
Posted By: of troy Re: Green survey - 03/09/06 06:29 PM
plus, everyone knows, green is the worst color for a car
Posted By: Myridon Re: Green survey - 03/09/06 10:03 PM
The Ford Explorer doesn't come in green so it's a complete and total non-sequitur.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: Green survey - 03/09/06 10:40 PM
What you talkin about, Willis?

it isn't easy being green
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 02:23 AM
> The Ford Explorer doesn't come in green

I had one. nice dark forest green. original paint. can't remember the year. '94, maybe?
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 02:43 AM
Quote:

> What strikes you about it

It's not very interesting?

Two votes for the anglo-welsh option. (And we all know that anglos welsh whenever they can).
Posted By: Father Steve Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 06:12 AM
The 2006 Ford Explorer comes in Black Clearcoat, Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Cherry Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Stone Clearcoat Metallic, Mineral Grey Clearcoat Metallic, Oxford White Clearcoat and Red Fire Clearcoat Metallic. No green.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 10:10 AM
Quote:

The 2006 Ford Explorer comes in Black Clearcoat, Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Cherry Clearcoat Metallic, Dark Stone Clearcoat Metallic, Mineral Grey Clearcoat Metallic, Oxford White Clearcoat and Red Fire Clearcoat Metallic. No green.

Does it come in hybrid? And even if it does, it'd be a stretch to call it green.
Posted By: of troy Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 01:11 PM
you must remember, i was rear ended once (a hit and run) and i got the car that hit me's plates, and went to to the police station to report the accident, and i didn't know what kind of car hit me.. (a sports car-low and white.. was all i could say) turns outs, it was a pontiac firebirds.. the cops said "lady--you don't know a firebird by sight?" and i replied, "i do now" --for me to know what color car i drive is enough!
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 03:33 PM
Your followups are all very intriguing and please continue
Posted By: Myridon Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 03:51 PM
Quote:

What you talkin about, Willis?

it isn't easy being green

I'd call that teal (definitely not _bright_ green), but colors are relative to some extent I guess.
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 04:00 PM
yup. that's about the color of it. back in the old SRA days, we woulda called it "evergreen"...
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Green survey - 03/10/06 05:45 PM
SRA --Symbionese Reparation Army?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/11/06 03:03 AM
heh. no, and I'm not sure what it stands (stood) for? Scholastic Reading Assessment maybe? they were self-directed vocabulary and grammar cards that we did in first and second grade and I thrived on them. they were graded by color, and we tried very hard to get through the whole stack. cool colors like "aqua"...
Posted By: Father Steve SRA - 03/11/06 04:01 AM
Sabine River Authority (in Texas)
Salem Redevelopment Authority (in Massachusetts)
Saskatoon Ringette Association (in Canada)
Secretaría de La Reforma Agraria (in México)
Senior Research Associate
Sentencing Reform Act (in Washington State)
Singapore Rowing Association
Southern Rodeo Association (in North Carolina)
Squash Rackets Association (in Barbados)
Strategic Rail Authority (in the UK)
Sugar Regulatory Administration (in the Philippines)
Supplemental Retirement Annuity
Posted By: sjmaxq Re: Green survey - 03/11/06 05:06 AM
Quote:

heh. no, and I'm not sure what it stands (stood) for? Scholastic Reading Assessment maybe? they were self-directed vocabulary and grammar cards that we did in first and second grade and I thrived on them. they were graded by color, and we tried very hard to get through the whole stack. cool colors like "aqua"...

They were seriously cool, and one of my fondest memories of primary (elementary) school. Phenomenally effective at bringing out darwinian competitiveness in the gentlest and kindest of souls - and in me.
Posted By: inselpeter Re: Green survey - 03/11/06 10:37 AM
It stood for "Scientific Reading [Assessment?]. Wonder what happened to them. They came in a box, and then there was another box and a box after that. And on and on to dauntdom. One fold card stock.

seek and ye may find; this it?
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/11/06 12:03 PM
that's it! though I wanted more pictures... what great memories. I'm glad you guys share them with me.
Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Green survey - 03/11/06 06:12 PM
Before my time. I'm a McGuffey's type. (ancient harrumph!)
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Green survey - 03/14/06 11:52 PM
Again thank you all. But to get back to the thread...
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/15/06 12:04 AM
> But to get back to the thread...

well, do you have some comment about what's already been posted about the thread?
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Green survey - 03/17/06 10:36 PM
Thanks all, but getting back to the thread, what else strikes you abougt the exchange
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Green survey - 03/17/06 10:42 PM
apparently not much.
Posted By: Faldage Re: Green survey - 03/18/06 10:59 AM
Sounds like your typical, we ain' got enough information to know what's going on, overheard conversation.
Posted By: of troy Re: Green survey - 03/18/06 02:57 PM
[rant]
actually the whole thread is beginning to sound like,
"i want to use you, (for research) please participate, don't ask questions, (it not your research) and please don't expect compensation or information."

and the Thanks all, but getting back to the thread, what else strikes you abougt the exchange? comments are particularlly annoying.

"please stay on topic" (again and again!) why? since when do we ever stay on topic?

go use someone else for your cheap entertainment, dale.

[/rant]
Ok so i am in a cranky mood....still
Posted By: dalehileman Re: Green survey - 03/18/06 11:21 PM
So it would seem
Posted By: maverick Re: schmur~vay - 03/19/06 05:01 AM
yeahbut she's got a point Dale. What on earth is this kind of thread about? This board is an equal-privilege open discussion forum, and I agree with OT that you're in danger of abusing it. If you genuinely want some help or feedback, you've got to give something as well as take. Otherwise don't be surprised if all you get is a bit fat raspberry - or in OT's case, mebbe a Bronx cheer!
© Wordsmith.org