Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 02:51 AM
This is a fun challenge. It's in Japanese and English, and I do not vouch for its accuracy.

Click Start; wait for the 3, 2, 1. Then it will show you some numbers--be warned, they are shown VERY briefly--which are then replaced by blank circles. You click on the circles where the numbers were, from lowest to highest. No allowance for correcting!

Brain age

Em--I scored 29, 34, then 29 again. Can't seem to get seven in the time they give you to memorize.
Posted By: Alex Williams Re: How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 02:54 AM
I got a 31.
Posted By: twosleepy Re: How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 05:25 AM
I did about 20 times. We have Brain Age, which I did for a while last year until I was always at age 20 (the lowest it goes) and got bored and quit. It was fun, though, beating my kids... he he. For this one I ranged from 20 to 35, nowhere near my real age, and having just birthdayfied a big number, I'm happy with that (and at 1 a.m., to boot!) :0)
Posted By: BranShea Re: How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 11:04 AM
Gee, Jackie, how old is a brain that does not even understand the game? 6 or 600.000 ?
(sound's not working)
Posted By: Faldage Re: How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 12:12 PM
Speaking of not understanding, what is the optimal score? Just judging from my own experience I'd think that either the older the better or it tops off at about 35, 40. I certainly can't imagine 20 being the best.
Posted By: twosleepy Re: How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 02:13 PM
Well, herein lies the prejudice of the creators. For Brain Age, the ideal is 20, which is the lowest, indicating the "youngest" brain condition. I think what they're after is a concept as opposed to an "aging brain", which we all know well in the US, anyway. It's the same with this game. I dug a little deeper to the bottom of the page, and found the translated version, which is worth just reading for the translation: English page Here's a snippet: There is training to activate the brain besides the memory momentarily and to make it rejuvenate. Much better ones on the page.... There are also links to more games, which I wondered about since it did say "Part 1" by the title. Enjoy! :0)
P.S. So Faldage, I take it you didn't get a 20? ;0)
Posted By: Faldage Re: How old is your brain? - 07/27/08 03:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: twosleepy

P.S. So Faldage, I take it you didn't get a 20? ;0)

I didn't get a nothing. I went there and it was either not dialup friendly or it wanted some plugin I didn't have.
Posted By: TheFallibleFiend Re: How old is your brain? - 07/28/08 05:32 PM
Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: How old is your brain? - 07/28/08 09:40 PM
 Originally Posted By: Faldage
I didn't get a nothing...

Reminiscent of " I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage!"

(Anyone else here old enough to identify that one without Googling it? )
Posted By: Faldage Re: How old is your brain? - 07/28/08 11:13 PM
Just waitin' for it to come round on the guitar.
Posted By: The Pook Re: How old is your brain? - 07/29/08 12:02 AM
You can get anything you want...
Posted By: morphememedley Re: How old is your brain? - 07/29/08 05:30 AM
Confessions from the Group W bench (?): “Litterin' … and creatin' a nuisance!” (?)
© Wordsmith.org